Updated Form 80 - Help

LucyAnne14

Hi All,

Am new here and hoping to get some advice please.. If we have to use the new Form 80, I will have to give very vague dates for my travel arrangements from before 10 years ago with respect to travel within the EU zone. I was fine with filling out the old Form 80 and all dates were there or thereabouts.. But this new one has me stumped. My question is, can the DIBP check your travel history from before ten years ago within the EU and then decide that what you have put in the Form 80 is incorrect and therefore reject your visa?

Any advice greatly appreciated

LucyAnne14

We have the same issue!! As we have to complete a Form 80 each (one per applicant over a certain age, which is me and hubby) we both sat down and worked out all the trips we'd taken in our lives, both together and separate.

I've listed all of them on the form (and in Part T as not enough space) - our agent advised if we don't remember an exact date not to panic, just put for eg 1/8/1999 if you think it was sometime in Aug that year.

We have also explained in Part T before the list continues that "We have recalled our travel dates as best we can, all dates for EU travel are approx as no passport stamps given for travel within the EU for us to refer to. Where we can be more specific (travel outside the EU) dates are included" The list is part T is also not listed by exact day of the month, I have just put for eg: "August 1999, holiday to Greece, 2 weeks"

The EU is effectively borderless. The only stamps we have are for Bali, Egypt and the USA (3 trips) for us to go off. So this is all we can do. This is all for security reasons, and my guess is they're looking for unusual travel patterns.

We'll be submitting our visa in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the replies.. I am hoping we might be able to get ours in next week with the old form 80 also.. If not, I'm liking your approach Lizzywills.. My problem is that I lived on the continent for a few years before the last 10 years and often went travelling at the weekends.. I came home aswell, lots of times and have absolutely no idea what months even that I came home.. Am beginning to wish I never moved outside my door until now!

In that case try and put dates for the long periods you lived on the continent so 1990-1994 lived in xxx, and then explain that during this period you had frequent trips home and day/weekend trips to other places within the EU

Without stamps or actual travel logs what do they expect?!! LOL I share your pain on this one. x

I submitted my visa just over a week but I didn't see anywhere about form 80. Even after submitting the visa, I see a list of documents marked as 'recommended' but form 80 is not in the list. I'm applying for 190. Is form 80 applicable to all visas?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is still relevant as I submitted my form 80 about 18 months ago.

I had a similar issue of having lived on the continent and made various trips and being unable to recall dates, not even the months of travel. I listed the country and put a note along the lines of: between 'year' and 'year' I made numerous visits of 2 days - 2 weeks to 'country', dates unknown. This was accepted without any questions or issues.

Archived