Our movecube experience so far...

Kezzles

Hello

just thought I'd post about our experience with sevenseas movecube. The hooking was relatively straight forward though I think it's all done from a call centre in India.

They came to inspect where they would drop off the cube about two weeks before the moving date to check it was ok. Driver turned up on time and was fairly relaxed about it. He gave us four hours to load it. Right, the cube at first we thought oh it's never going to fit all our stuff! We had marked out the space in our living room and did a trial 'fitting' session I'd recommend you go this. Also the packing takes a lot longer than you think so plan way ahead as much as possible. We ordered boxes from amazon and bought extra at safe store. Buy shed loads of bubble wrap from amazon it's pretty cheap.

Fill out forms beforehand and sticky label everything, we had 74 items labelled and were still labelling as we packed. If you pack well it's so surprising what you can fit. As a rough idea in a large cube we put the following

15 boxes

6 large boxes

king size bed/matress

two bedside tables

one 3 drawer chest of drawers filled with wooden ornaments and hangers

2 bikes

one scuba bag

two suitcases

huge wine rack

32 inch tv

duvet

pillows

books

speakers

Two mirrors

around 15 canvas paintings

More random items!! There was ALOT!

Fingers crossed it arrives in 11 weeks! I'd post photos if I could in my phone but not sure how?!

Hello

just thought I'd post about our experience with sevenseas movecube. The hooking was relatively straight forward though I think it's all done from a call centre in India.

They came to inspect where they would drop off the cube about two weeks before the moving date to check it was ok. Driver turned up on time and was fairly relaxed about it. He gave us four hours to load it. Right, the cube at first we thought oh it's never going to fit all our stuff! We had marked out the space in our living room and did a trial 'fitting' session I'd recommend you go this. Also the packing takes a lot longer than you think so plan way ahead as much as possible. We ordered boxes from amazon and bought extra at safe store. Buy shed loads of bubble wrap from amazon it's pretty cheap.

Fill out forms beforehand and sticky label everything, we had 74 items labelled and were still labelling as we packed. If you pack well it's so surprising what you can fit. As a rough idea in a large cube we put the following

15 boxes

6 large boxes

king size bed/matress

two bedside tables

one 3 drawer chest of drawers filled with wooden ornaments and hangers

2 bikes

one scuba bag

two suitcases

huge wine rack

32 inch tv

duvet

pillows

books

speakers

Two mirrors

around 15 canvas paintings

More random items!! There was ALOT!

Fingers crossed it arrives in 11 weeks! I'd post photos if I could in my phone but not sure how?!

Hi There,

Wow....so only few days left before the big move :biggrin:. All the best of luck down under :biggrin:I'm myself in a process of looking for a company to ship our staff to Oz and I'm very interested with the movecube. I was wondering if you could tell me roughly how much they charge for shipping to oz. We will have similar amount of staff to ship, also including bed. And I'm also thinking is it worth it to ship bed?????

Think it was 900 for large container plus aquis fee so around 1200. I love my bed and it's expensive so decided to ship

We fly Tuesday ahhhhhh

Hi Kezzles,

Thank you for your replay. I think we will ship our staff with movecube as well as the price is very reasonable. I think we will take our bed as well as I checked the price for a similar bed to buy in Oz and is very expensive so I think everything is pretty straight forward now. So only few days left......before the final step, how exciting :wink:I hope everything will work for you very well there. Which part are you moving to??? We are moving to Brisbane

Take care and thanks a lot for sharing your experience here, very helpful with making decision Maria x