Letting or Selling

Guest Guest26110

Guest Guest26110

What are most of you guys doing with your UK home, selling or letting it out? Its such a dilema I know.

Renting ours.

I just feel happier keeping it. Don't see the point in selling it if we don't have too.

weve rented here for nearly two years and are now buying, but just went for something a bit further out of the CBD to make it a bit cheaper.

i think also its always at the back of my mind, taking our ages into account, how difficult it would be to get another mortgage back in the UK if we did decide to go back and had to start from scratch.

maybe further down the line I may feel different about it

Guest Guest26110

Hi fifi we've just decided to rent ours out, with the high dollar/low pound and predicted UK house price rise, selling could be potentially financial suicide

Hi fifi we've just decided to rent ours out, with the high dollar/low pound and predicted UK house price rise, selling could be potentially financial suicide

I think a couple of years ago, selling at the bottom of UK market and exchanging money at the low exchange rates would have been financially illiterate for many people. Now though, I don't think it is so bad, housing market picking up in UK and the exchange rate recovering as well. I think personal preference can come into more than in the past.

I kept my house for four years, still have it in fact but I think it is time to review that now, because the finances make more sense. But I can honestly say it has made no difference whatsoever to how much of a go I have given the move. There is so much more to moving back than having a house, moving back to a rental house would only be very slightly more difficult.

We have just sold ours and booked 1 way flights to SA for 13 April, we wanted to have money to fall back on and will be buying another house in SA as soon as we settle, did not want to rent out our home as we already have 3 properties we let and the state some people have left our rentals, letting out our main house was not an option for me!!

Archived