I got my PR. What next?

Ebrahimmk

Hey Guys.Sorry if there is a thread similar to this. I want to know after getting PR do v have to register at some government organisation like medicare or centrelink? Are there other places or organisation also? Can someone please help.

Hey Guys.Sorry if there is a thread similar to this. I want to know after getting PR do v have to register at some government organisation like medicare or centrelink? Are there other places or organisation also? Can someone please help.

Congrats.

Assuming you were not already in Australia, you just need to arrive to validate the visa within the date specified. Then, when you move to Australia, you need to register with Medicare at one of their offices, and apply for a tax file number. You will also help yourself enormously if you fix an appointment to exchange your driving licence for an Australian one - these are used universally as ID.

If you were already in Australia, you can go to Medicare and get a green card and you should tell your employer that your visa status has changed.

Archived