Bank Charges advice please!!!! (URGENT)

Guest Missiemo

Guest Missiemo

HI

PLease can anyone advise me about the situation when it comes to Bank charges after you have left the UK.

I am sure I read on here somewhere that if you leave the UK you have the right to claim bank the same years Bank Charges which may have been charged by your bank.

Also I signed a form before I left the UK which should have closed my account and cancelled all Direct Debits, I have since discovered three months down the line that the bank has not actually closed my account and that they have since been paying out Direct Debits that were cancelled, any idea on my rights please.

Thankyou

Mo

Guest bshootz

Hi, there is a web site : moneysavingexpert.com that guides you through claiming your bank charges back from six years ago. Hope this helps.

Beckyx :D

Hi Mo

I can't answer about bank charges, but have certainly seen other people posting about this so no doubt one of them will reply. Re the direct debits, if the bank has failed to follow your instructions they will have to recover the money and pay it back to you. There is a direct debit guarantee that should cover you. It includes the words "You can cancel a direct debit at any time by writing to your bank or building society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us" (ie. whoever you are making the payments to).

Don't let your bank get away with this. They have made a mistake and need to refund you. You will probably have to persist, but you are in the right. (I'm sure you will not have guessed that I have issues with direct debits!!)

Best of luck

Nico

Archived