186 Direct Entry - ACS Skill Level Met Date and 3 years experience requirements from DIBP

I find it incredible that anyone would try to find the answers to a complex matter by searching a forum post from over 6 years ago. 

Regulations change regularly, what applied years ago (even months ago) is likely no longer relevant.

Just because someone had a similar situation, does not mean the same rules will apply to your situation.

Have a look at the Sponsored section of the forum and you will see that the threads for failed 186 and 187 applications are the longest of any on this forum.

35 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

I find it incredible that anyone would try to find the answers to a complex matter by searching a forum post from over 6 years ago. 

Regulations change regularly, what applied years ago (even months ago) is likely no longer relevant.

Just because someone had a similar situation, does not mean the same rules will apply to your situation.

Have a look at the Sponsored section of the forum and you will see that the threads for failed 186 and 187 applications are the longest of any on this forum.

I'm the op of this topic (I don't use the other account anymore)

I completely agreed with the above comment from @Raul Senise

It's been 6 years since I applied for my 186 and things have changed alot. Whatever applied 6, years ago could have been changed completely. For instance, I was on 457 when I arrived to Australia 6 years ago and applied for 186 visa 3 months after I landed. But 457 was no more for a couple years already...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 29/02/2020 at 05:16, Divya said:

Hi all,

im in the same situation, thought I had 2 yrs Indian experience 3 years Australian experience ACS has deducted 4 yrs as my education and experience are not relevant to each other. But I have received positive assessment. Can anyone please confirm if this is fine with DHA.

thanks 

Hi Divya,

I am in similar situation. Do you have an answer now?

Thanks