Long time member but just starting journey

j19jjr

Hi Folks,

I initially joined this site in 2008 after visiting Australia and then deciding that we wanted to emigrate.

Sent out EOI to several states and got accepted by them all (didn't cost anything in those days!) but was put off by advice from people saying that we probably wouldn't have the fantastic lifestyle that we were enjoying in the UK, so didn't go any further (fools that we are).

Fast forward 6 years and we are now ready to go for it regardless.

Had a meeting with the very lovely Alan Collett from GO Matilda at their UK offices this morning and asked him to press ahead for us, before we'd even got home he had emailed all the forms that we need to complete. Gonna make time tonight to fill them all in then email back tomorrow and make our 1st payment. So exciting lol

Hi Jackie,

Drop me a pm as we are in Kent and have been through the process with success. We are currently thinning everything down prior to taking the plunge, very nervous as giving up great jobs, good house and good lifestyle. Simply want an adventure.

S

Hi Jackie,

Drop me a pm as we are in Kent and have been through the process with success. We are currently thinning everything down prior to taking the plunge, very nervous as giving up great jobs, good house and good lifestyle. Simply want an adventure.

S

We did the same, great jobs and pay. We are now here in Melbourne. We are a couple (m36 f 32) and we found the hardest part actually finding a job, once you have one, it is an absolute breeze. My job is simple and pays twice the amount of the UK for a similar job. Petrol is cheaper, food is slightly more expensive. We have been whacked big time on importing our camper van here.

We live in a house share with a Columbian and French couple. It is simply brilliant. If you need any advice on any matters then drop me a line, everyone is in the same boat!!

Archived