Nursing in age of 25

anitasharma

Hello guys,

i am looking for your kind help for me regarding my studies. Dear friend, I want to start nursing now in age of 25. But I am very confused what to do? I think that I am too old now for this and secondly, I am married. My husband is very supportive but I am unable to find out a good solution. Study was always be my passion from childhood and I am graduate in arts and also I did diploma in architecture from India. Even my in laws thinking about having a kid from us. Plz suggest what should I do?

Mostly people say here that u should not do nursing bcoz I am 25

What "people" say is not important. What does matter is (1) how motivated you are and (2) whether you are accepted for nursing training. Many very successful and dedicated nurses start their training after age 25.

Mostly people say here that u should not do nursing bcoz I am 25

What reasons are people giving you when they say you shouldn't do it? If it's what you want to do and you have the means and the drive to do it then go for it, 25 is not age at all. As for your inlaws, whether you and your husband decide to have children (and when) is completely your decision, please try not to let them sway you from you really want to do. Good luck!

Anita, I think that is the thing, in order to be a nurse you really must be strong and confident. You are letting others make you doubt what you want to do. I really think you should do what you want to do but I think you need to also work on your confidence before starting the course. It sounds like you have a lot of people around you who are stopping you from pursuing what you would like and I think it is important to research nursing yourself, speak to others in the role and build up your own confidence in whether you could do the role. That way when others doubt you, you know yourself not to believe them.

I think nursing will also make you stronger and happier if you pursue it.

good Luck and remember dont let anyone get you down.

You are right Jac. But I arrived in Melbourne just one month ago and I am very keen to pursue my studies. Mostly people in my husband's group think about only money. But I always wanted to get higher degree and I Know myself that am very hardworking for that. My husband has to pay all expense. So I got frightened that if he will listen all this, may be he would not support me. So I was losing my confidence.

Archived