So happy to find this site!

Little trueblue

Hello all,

after another chat with hubby about moving back to the UK, I find myself unable to sleep. So goggled moving back to the uk and found this site. Wow, so much info here. This is great. Not to sure what to do but nice to know I'm not the only one feeling torn for the last few years.

I thing having children certainly seems to highlight the lack of family here, especially with all my Australian friends always having their family around at birthday parties, holidays and more importantly in emergencies.

The big question is how and when should we move.....

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to the forum. It can be hard when you don't like a place, as if you tell family back home they think you're crazy, friends are often settled here and think its the best place since sliced bread so it helps having others who share the same feelings and thoughts as you.

Welcome to the forum! I know exactly what you mean re having family at events. We had our baby's naming day recently and there wasn't a single family member in attendance and I know of several who would have loved to be there. I love our friends here but it felt a bit wrong not having my sister or parents there particularly.

Do you have an idea of where you'd like to move back to?

Welcome to the forum. It can be hard when you don't like a place, as if you tell family back home they think you're crazy, friends are often settled here and think its the best place since sliced bread so it helps having others who share the same feelings and thoughts as you.

i like your quote - lifetime isn't forever...... It's true....I think.

Archived