Ielts

JULIE RYCROFT

You need 8 in each module for maximum points. If you are an educated native English speaker, this should be fine, but familiarise yourself with the format of the tests first. There's plenty of material around, both on the internet and in books. Personally I used the official books, got them from Waterstones. Two volumes. I also succeeded with this being hungover on the day. It's a long and tedious day, so it really didn't help.

Has anyone done this IELTS test, im 40 now so need to do it to get my points back, Iv been told I need to score really high to get the PR visa. Is the test easy to do ??

Practice, practice, practice!!! The IELTS is harder than you expect it to be! I too need to get all 8's to get the extra points and I am now on my 3rd attempt. I got 7 for my writing first time round (above 8 in everything else) then on second attempt I upped my writing to a 8.5 but dropped in my reading to a 7.5, so now I have to do the whole test again!!!!! It's so frustrating. Good luck, Nat x

• 3 months later...

Hi, I've also got to repeat as I got a 6.5 in the academic reading. Which one did you do general or academic? I'm really tempted to try the general it looks so much easier, would this be a true assumption to make?!

Jules

Hi GeoSurfer, I am getting it for points only, l did want to do the general but the tutor advised me that to get 8 in the general I would need more points than in the academic for the same score. So the academic is booked for the 12th and if l fail that I will go for the general.

Jules

Archived