Victoria SS rejected

mpatel1972

Hi,

My SS application with Victoria was rejected stating the below reason despite meeting the minimum requirements which they have confirmed:

"While your application demonstrated your ability to meet the minimum eligibility requirements for Victorian state nomination, other applicants were able to more adequately demonstrate their suitability for employment in Victoria."

I provided all the relevant documents including all the references and my CV. I have been continuously employed for 20 years across various employers of which 10+ years (references provided covering these years) has been of a Business Analyst. The financial criteria is also met 10 times over. Received successful skills assessment.

So, how can someone 'demonstrate their suitability for employment'? I would have thought my experience and continuous employment would have been sufficient. Has anyone received similar message or know what this may mean? I'm shocked by the response.

Thanks in advance

I can apply to SA but preferred Melbourne since the job prospects is much better.

I signed the 2 year commitment as well. I was so confident I would be selected purely based on experience and financially.

I will ask Victoria about their reason. Need to give it a shot before thinking on plan B.

Thanks both for your response.

I know this will be frowned upon, but u could apply to Adelaide, if you are not successful with jobs in that area, move to melb if u get offered a job...ss is moral rather than lawful.

It depends which visa. The temp one isn't just moral, you won't get pr if you haven't lived in the right postcodes.

I'm looking to migrate on a permanent basis with family. I don't have enough for 189 visa. I'm looking at 190 visa only.

I've considered 457 but it's hard to find a job from UK. Spoke to few agencies as well and they've all said contact us once you have a visa.

I have no idea. I called up Victoria state and all they could say was that the 'industry panel' who reviewed my cv thought I couldn't get a job. I just had to laugh.

I asked couple of other questions but the lady I spoke to didn't have any answers. So, I wrote an email to the state asking for more clear response as to the reason. Also, requested for someone to re-review my cv and if they still felt the same then provide more details as to exactly is lacking.

Personally, I think there's someone else going on.

Archived