189 medical examinations

Fluid36

Hi everyone, thanks for the amazing forum and constant helpful information.

I have just completed my online 189 application, have starting to upload documents and have a few questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1) My situation is quite unique I guess, I am a New Zealand Citizen on a 444 visa living in Australia (been here 4 years) and am in the process of switching to a 189. The 444 allows me to live in Australia indefinitely and gives me benefits such as full medicare. Since I have full medicare already and full access to the health system will I still be required to undertake a health examination?

2) Friends who have recently taken the medical examination for the 189 in Australia were only required to have a chest x-ray and an HIV test without any other medical tests. This seems strange since the information points at a full medical examination?

3) If medical tests are required should I just wait for the CO to be allocated and therefore receive clarification or should I do them up front (some documentations says to wait and others sources say to front load it.

Thanks in advance

I assume you apply online... after the payment is cleared, then when you log in you will find a link to arrange the med check.

There they will outline what type of check you need to do, depend on each person's case....

Hi everyone, thanks for the amazing forum and constant helpful information.

I have just completed my online 189 application, have starting to upload documents and have a few questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1) My situation is quite unique I guess, I am a New Zealand Citizen on a 444 visa living in Australia (been here 4 years) and am in the process of switching to a 189. The 444 allows me to live in Australia indefinitely and gives me benefits such as full medicare. Since I have full medicare already and full access to the health system will I still be required to undertake a health examination?

2) Friends who have recently taken the medical examination for the 189 in Australia were only required to have a chest x-ray and an HIV test without any other medical tests. This seems strange since the information points at a full medical examination?

3) If medical tests are required should I just wait for the CO to be allocated and therefore receive clarification or should I do them up front (some documentations says to wait and others sources say to front load it.

Thanks in advance

I am also an New Zealand citizen on SCV 444 visa living in Australia for 7 years. (I'm applying different visa: 802 subclass)

I do have full medicare like you too, but with applying the visa, yes you would required to take a health examination. I had full health examination: medical examination, chest x-ray and HIV blood test done for the visa I'm applying.

Good luck with your application.

Thanks,

There are many benefits to being a citizen, especially for my wife and daughter, tertiary education etc etc. Seems strange how many of my friends only required a chest xray and HIV, have the rules changed regarding medical exams lately?

Archived