Man struck by lightning in Sydney.

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

A man has been struck by lightning as severe thunderstorms sweep across Sydney.

A NSW Fire and Rescue spokesman said the 65-year-old man was struck outside his home in Baulkham Hills, in northwest Sydney, at 5pm on Friday.

Fire fighters administered first aid to the man, who was conscious but disoriented, the spokesman said.

He has been taken to hospital.

There is a severe thunderstorm warning in place for parts of Sydney, particularly the western suburbs.:eek:

I had a mate in high school get struck by lightning, luckily it was an indirect strike via the gas taps in chemistry, lost his hair and eyebrows ok now though.

A man has been struck by lightning as severe thunderstorms sweep across Sydney.

There is a severe thunderstorm warning in place for parts of Sydney, particularly the western suburbs.:eek:

I had a mate in high school get struck by lightning, luckily it was an indirect strike via the gas taps in chemistry, lost his hair and eyebrows ok now though.

Sorry, I know Its not really funny but that bit made me laugh

There is a general indifference to lightning in OZ.

I have seen sport teams continue training or playing a game even when bolt lightning is around them. Maybe nobody wants to be seen to be the first person to stop, however there is a real chance that some day a player or group of players are going to come off worse if they ignore the risk.