Update Passport Details after Visa Grant

Ebrahimmk

Hi, we had a similar question, I managed to update my passport prior to our visas being issued, but my OH couldn't as he needed his for work. His expired two months after our visa for PR was granted. He now has a new Passport and our case officer just said to travel with both. The visa should electronically show on the system with his new passport number because the Technology is so super clever, but quantified it with - but sometimes it doesn't always work so we suggest you travel with both. Just in case!

They don't update the systems in Oz to show your new passport details, they just rely on the Passport IT system which i guess works world wide, that your new passport will be linked to your old one - or something teckie like you have the same name, dob, and face????

Airlines confirm our visa status before they allow us to board the plane. I am just worried that with the new passport they would not be able to link our visa. I just dont want to run in to complications and delays are the airport and then trying to explain and re explain the situation. That would be really bad!!!!

I would still like to know how long does DIBP take to update the new passport details on their system. It just gives a rough idea when to book tickets to be on the safer side.

Our email from our CO also says to take the letter confirming your visa with you... just in case. He didnt' say how long it would take to update the system, he just said it didn't always work, and he'd recommend taking everythign with you.

Sorry i don't have a definitive answer. Someone else might know.

Our email from our CO also says to take the letter confirming your visa with you... just in case. He didnt' say how long it would take to update the system, he just said it didn't always work, and he'd recommend taking everythign with you.

Sorry i don't have a definitive answer. Someone else might know.

Thanks LEEH,

I am hoping someone would reply

I'm going through the process at the moment of updating hubby's and children's passports. I phoned the other night and they said it takes 2 weeks to update new passport details onto the visa.

Hope this helps

Did you have to send the certified copies and the form to Oz, or can it be done through Australia House in London?

Archived