Completed my diploma in Australia what now?

Pez1206

Hi everyone,

I have recently completed my diploma of construction management at college in Perth,WA and now wonder if there are now any visa option (other than student) available to me. I'm 25 uk citizen and have lived in aus for 4+ years studying for the last 2. I have a student visa until 2017 as I will be doing my bachelors for the next 3 years, but wanna check I can't already get a different ("better") visa.

thank you in advance, pez

Hi

I am not sure but surely with the length of time you've been here in Australia, you can apply for PR and then obtain citizenship?

I would, if you haven't already check the Immigration web site or telephone them for advice. I do know that you must be a year on a PR visa before obtaining citizenship.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable than myself can point you in the right direction.

BEGal

Hi

I am not sure but surely with the length of time you've been here in Australia, you can apply for PR and then obtain citizenship?

I would, if you haven't already check the Immigration web site or telephone them for advice. I do know that you must be a year on a PR visa before obtaining citizenship.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable than myself can point you in the right direction.

BEGal

Only if he has a permanent resident visa which doesn't look to be the case - PR doesn't necessarily follow a student visa and increasingly less likely than it maybe once was. Don't go to Immigration for advice, go and see a migration agent but be prepared to leave at the end of your student visa.

Is your occupation on the sol or csol? If so, can you pass the skills assessment (unlikely with no full time post qualification work experience).

Your other option if your job is on the sol or csol is to find a willing and able employer to sponsor you. Easier said than done in trades as many don't qualify.

Hi everyone,

I have recently completed my diploma of construction management at college in Perth,WA and now wonder if there are now any visa option (other than student) available to me. I'm 25 uk citizen and have lived in aus for 4+ years studying for the last 2. I have a student visa until 2017 as I will be doing my bachelors for the next 3 years, but wanna check I can't already get a different ("better") visa.

thank you in advance, pez

If you have already been granted a further student visa, you are pretty well committed.

You might have been well advised to have consulted a registered migration agent earlier.

If you have already been granted a further student visa, you are pretty well committed.

You might have been well advised to have consulted a registered migration agent earlier.

I went on a student for the purpose of studying not for any other reason. The question was more of a musing.

Archived