Trades Recognition Australia - removal of Metal Machinist

Missyell

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place for this message and I apologise if not, hopefully someone will be able to help/point me in the right direction. My partner and I are looking to register an EOI for a 189 permanent visa, my partners job falls under a metal machinist (first class) and the assessing authority for this is Trades Recognition Australia, however it now states on their site that they have reduced the trades they asses from 49 to 14 and so no longer asses this trade.

My question is, I have found a few companies that offer trade assessments, however is it acceptable to just use any company? And if so are they any that anyone recommends?

Thanks for reading :)

Hi wrussell,

Thank you for your reply! The problem is that TRA only asses 14 of the original 49 trades that they used to (as of Sept 13) and no longer asses Metal Machinist (first class), although TRA are still listed as the assessing authority for this trade, so I am unsure who we would go to now?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hi wrussell,

Thank you for your reply! The problem is that TRA only asses 14 of the original 49 trades that they used to (as of Sept 13) and no longer asses Metal Machinist (first class), although TRA are still listed as the assessing authority for this trade, so I am unsure who we would go to now?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hi, two I know of are, Victoria university and Vetasses which I did mine through, both are for skills assessments,I believe their easier to deal with too than TRA was. They both do trades so check their website to see if you're trade is on it.

Best of luck

Archived