Planning to move to Australia "Student visa"

rishhunter

Hello,

I'm 20 years old

my qualifications are as such

10th lSSC 50%

12TH HSC 47%

Fyba literature English 59%

Syba literature English " exams given already expected result in May start week "

Acting Course done from Kishore namit kapoor + worked in few tv shows as well

Community service Certificate at old age home service

Ielts given 2011

score 6.5

expired dec 2013

I have my sister in Perth as a citizen

and im limited to PERTH only

1) Diploma

hello i plan to do a diploma course "2year"

maybe Social worker/Cookery

which ever would be easy to get and pursue there

will it be easy to get visa for both ?

2) Ielts

since i been studying literature and had already given my Ielts

but it's expired now is it important to give it again ?

will i face problems with my visa or rejection if i use my current qualification ?

or do i have to do it again

3) Enter

Most colleges/university's

have feb and july intake

incase i apply for July intake and get my offer letter

how soon can i enter the country ?"after getting my visa"

4) Visa

i would not want my visa to be rejected due to my ielts or my course

so is there anything i should keep note?

i was planning to do a may course in Cookery at Stanley college

but i guess i wont get my visa now.

You need a valid ielts to get a student visa if English is not your first language. If you don't have it you won't get the visa.

Either of those courses would be easy to get a visa for if you can convince immigration that you are planning on leaving at the end of your course.

PR at the end of your course is unlikely in either course.

If you get your visa offshore I think it is three months before the course start you can enter, it will say on your visa. However you can't do any work until your course starts and then only 20 hours a week.

thank you so much for getting back everyone

so I'm gonna apply for ielts exam its gonna be in mid march

shall i apply for my Course along that and in my visa and applications say that

my Ielts score is in Process ?

or shall i wait for my results to come and then apply

I'm applying to TAFE or Stanley college which are Located in Perth

will this create any visa problems ?

I'm not sure if tafe will accept you on the course before you have your ielts.

When I was applying for courses they got filled up very quickly. I didn't end up on my first choice. It would certainly be worth contacting them now and asking availability and how it all works with the ielts.

hmm ok il go ahead and apply for Ielts now then

these diplomas which im about to do

Cookery

Management

or

Social worker/Community welfare

will i get visa ? if i apply for either of these ?

or would u like to suggest a course which would be easier and better to go about with

well for now its a student visa so which of those courses would be good

and will any of them create problems for Visa ? "i am form india"

Permanent Residence/visa

is a later on but something that would boost my chances for that would be good

sorry nursing is not what i am looking for.

Your course selection makes no difference to how likely you are to get a student visa. I wouldn't pick studying in Australia at all if you are hoping for pr. Too many doors have been closed already, it's only a matter of time before the last ones are too (and they are not easy as it is).

Some time ago, the Honourable, the Senator Evans,declared that he was going to break the nexus between student visas andsubsequent permanent residence.

Extractsfrom the ABS website:

*************************************************************************************************************

Internationaleducation activity contributed $16.3 billion in export income to the Australianeconomy in 2010–11.

Furthermore,many educational institutions rely on the income from full-fee payinginternational students...

Overthe four years to 2010–11, applications for Australian student visas increasedsharply to 2008–09, followed in turn by an almost equally sharp decline in the subsequenttwo years. In 2010–11, there were 282,000 student visa applications lodged inAustralia, including both onshore and offshore applications. This is a declineof 5.1% from 2009–10 and 23% less than the peak of 2008–09.

************************************************************************************************************

Afterit became clear that the Honourable had shrunk foreign student enrolments,course providers prevailed, there was a overKnight review and variousconcessions were made - they all pi** in the same pot.

Studentvisas cost an arm and a leg, sometimes both legs, and there is no assurancethat undertaking a course in Australia will enhance prospects of obtainingpermanent residence.

In myexperience it is almost always much less costly and more viable to completequalifications in a prospective applicant's home country than to undertake acourse in Australia.

It isnot possible to say with confidence which skilled occupation will be availableto prospective PR applicants in 3 or more years.

Forthose who want to study in Australia, nursing looks like being OK for thetime being, or medicine forthose who have unlimited funds money and do not mind the risk of not finding aninternship.

Accountants are still on the list (by the skin of their teeth) but I would not advise anyone to undertake an accounting course, except to top up an existing qualification that fell short of the required standard.

The mining boom has seen better days, GMH, Ford and Toyota are about to go home. When the dust settles on these and other changes, there will most likely be a quite different list of qualifying occupations.

No doubt course providers, 'education agents' and the Australia government will continue to promote student visas as a cure for all ills. There is no problem with this if a student wants an Australian qualification and does not expect to be granted permanent residence as a consequence; a proviso being that the course has not been dumbed down so Mickey Mouse could pass it.

My course was certainly dumbed down. I even made formal a complaint to tafe as it cheapens the whole qualification. They removed whole sections which had been listed on the prospectus as the non English speakers would 'struggle'! I'm sorry, but the ielts score should be WAY higher for students than it at least was 6 years ago.

They removed whole sections which had been listed on the prospectus as the non English speakers would 'struggle'!

That's ridiculous. They should design the course to provide the teaching required to learn the material. The fact that non-English speakers may struggle is too bad. I wouldn't expect a school course in Greece be made easier for me because of my non-Greek speaking status.

Thanks again everyone :)

just a few more questions

just to make my self clear

so any course i pick would not reject my visa? "at least those which i listed"

and

Pearson Test of English (PTE)

What about this test? i was thinking of giving this instead of Ielts

TAFE courses require a minimum of 5.5 Academic IELTS for entry with no band being less than 5.0 or an equivalent.

Please refer to the table below for full English requirements for an assessment of the equivalent for each country.

Since im from India

and if i apply for PTE and submit this for my visa

will it be accepted or rejected?

since the college accepts it is it ok?

im VERY confused here does my Country match the assessment level

please help me

Shall i go for PTE ?

Archived