Cost of visa application

Kittyk

Hi

My husband and I are hoping to apply for a 457 visa and don't want to go down the agent route. An agent gave us a price today of €4200 for the application. If we do it ourselves, what would we be looking at roughly, does anyone know??

TIA

No. We've really only just started looking in to this. The agent guy told my husband today that really the 457 is our only option, mainly due to our age - my husband will be 48 next month and I'll be 43 next month.

Can I ask as well, what do you guys reckon is the best way to get sponsorship?? I've heard that a lot of companies aren't interested due to the cost involved for them. Is this generally true do you think?

Without a sponsor to nominate you, you can not apply for a 457 visa. Some employers will have their own agents that will help process your application.

Only way to get sponsorship is to apply for jobs. What about yourself??

457 visa is only temp - once reach 50 it can be very hard for many people to apply for PR.

Hi

My husband and I are hoping to apply for a 457 visa and don't want to go down the agent route. An agent gave us a price today of €4200 for the application. If we do it ourselves, what would we be looking at roughly, does anyone know??

TIA

Th amount you mentioned is very reasonable for professional fees for managing a small business sponsorship application for a prospective employer, followed by a nomination and then a visa application.

It's my husband that has all the experience. The area I have the most experience in aren't on any lists (market research data analyst) and besides I haven't actually done it for nearly ten years. Also four years in call centre which was never going to be on any list for anything!

Looking at the bigger picture even if your husband found a sponsor for 457 he would still need 60 Points for a skilled Visa before he turns 50 or the employer would need to sponsor him again for ENS before he is 50.

Really being sponsored directly on a 186 visa from the start is probably ideal, it's possible but most employers prefer 457.

Archived