Bridging visa to 457

sandman

We applied for a subclass 186 direct entry but due to an error at the time of lodging the application we have been told by our case officer that the application is invalid and we must start over again. unfortunately, we dont have the time to go through the whole process before our bridging visa runs out on the 24th February. My husbands company are happy to re-nominate him for the 457. We have been told by one migration agent that you cant apply from a bridging visa after 28 days and another has said that because the visa application has not been rejected yet we can still apply for the 457.

We applied for a subclass 186 direct entry but due to an error at the time of lodging the application we have been told by our case officer that the application is invalid and we must start over again. unfortunately, we dont have the time to go through the whole process before our bridging visa runs out on the 24th February. My husbands company are happy to re-nominate him for the 457. We have been told by one migration agent that you cant apply from a bridging visa after 28 days and another has said that because the visa application has not been rejected yet we can still apply for the 457.

Your bridging visa runs out on the 24th Feb? What bridging visa? I don't understand how you could have one, other than one of the emergency ones.

I think you might need to leave the country and sort this mess out from overseas, do you have a migration agent? If you do not, I think you need to get one.

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
Your bridging visa runs out on the 24th Feb? What bridging visa? I don't understand how you could have one, other than one of the emergency ones.

I think you might need to leave the country and sort this mess out from overseas, do you have a migration agent? If you do not, I think you need to get one.

Lovely to see you back young lady, have missed you xx

We are on a bridging visa A. Nobody seems to be able to tell us if we have to leave the country to re apply or not for definite.

Are you sure you are on a bridging visa A? If the associated substantive visa application was invalid, then I would have thought this is invalid too.

And bridging visa A does not have an expiry date, so why do you think it expires on 24th February. Are you sure it is not the original 457 that expires on 24th February? Oh no, you said that already expired. Hmm, very confusing.

Sorry it is hard to advice when what you are saying does not make sense. I think you might need to go to an immigration office to clarify your status.

I thought you were only issued a bridging visa if you had a valid visa application lodged. As you say your 186 was classed invalid when lodged, I understand that to mean that you do not have a Bridging Visa of any category. You need to urgently consult a Registered Migration Agent and present all the details to them to ensure that you are not remaining in the country illegally. Can your employer not just request an extension to the previous 457 until your other visa application is lodged?