Jump to content

Can you study while while on a work visa in Australia?


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,


I am planning to move to Australia. I am a software engineer by education from a very elite institute in India (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi) and have worked for both finance and software industry for three years in total. I want to do a part time culinary course from Australia and I can work along side (in either IT or finance). I am planning to get a part time job say maybe 4 days or something.


I wanted to know what kind of visa would suit for the part time work and would I be able to study while being on that visa? I like the option of the work visa and then study part time with it better than being on student visa and work part time (20 hrs per week).

I see that the software engineer profession is amongst one of the skillsets.


Thank you so very much,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

My profession or studies is one amongst the skill sets. I think I can get the skilled independent or state sponsored visas. I guess that is done by registering on the point based system test on the immigration website. But how it works further then? I will be employed by the government or I wil be working independently on a private basis. like self employed.. ?


Thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...