186 Visa - Direct Entry

Raj27

Hi,

I am on 457 visa. My employer has lodged a new ENS under Direct Entry. I have a positive skills assessment for ICT Managers nec (135112). I have worked with the same company for more than three years. However, I have only worked in the nominated position (ICT Managers) for few months.

Will I be eligible for Direct Stream? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Raj

• 7 months later...

Hi Raj,

did you got yourr PR?

am

Hi,

I am on 457 visa. My employer has lodged a new ENS under Direct Entry. I have a positive skills assessment for ICT Managers nec (135112). I have worked with the same company for more than three years. However, I have only worked in the nominated position (ICT Managers) for few months.

Will I be eligible for Direct Stream? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Raj

Hi,

I got positive skill Assessment as i am working as property manager for last 1 year. My MA told me that i can apply for ENS 186 visa. Submitted all docs and some body told me that i need to have 3 years relevant experience also. I have just 18 Months experience. I called my MA and he said as i got positive skill assessment i do not need 3 years relevant work experience. Is that correct?

Please help,,,,

If you have a positive skills assessment then yes.

Hi,

I got positive skill Assessment as i am working as property manager for last 1 year. My MA told me that i can apply for ENS 186 visa. Submitted all docs and some body told me that i need to have 3 years relevant experience also. I have just 18 Months experience. I called my MA and he said as i got positive skill assessment i do not need 3 years relevant work experience. Is that correct?

Please help,,,,

No, that isn't correct. For a Direct Entry 186, you must have 3 years of relevant work experience.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx 186 visa. See Visa applicants > Who could get this visa - Direct Entry stream. The same section lists the only grounds for exemptions from work experience requirements.

I am bit worried as i have already lodged application 2 months ago. MA has got good reputation so i trusted him. I got it in writing from him that i am eligible. I have discussed my case with few MA and only 2 of them said that i am eligible as i got positive skill assessment for qualification and work experience. Do not know what to do?

No, that isn't correct. For a Direct Entry 186, you must have 3 years of relevant work experience.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx 186 visa. See Visa applicants > Who could get this visa - Direct Entry stream. The same section lists the only grounds for exemptions from work experience requirements.

• 6 months later...
Hi Kawal,

Ozmanic is correct. We need to have at least 3 years relevant work experience. So I didn't applyarrow-10x10.png for Direct entry.

I hope this information helps.

yes the skills assessment is required for this visa.

I just wonder how you get a positive skills assessment if you have only one year of experience.

Can you shed us some light on this.

thanks.

Depending on the occupation, you may only require one year experience to get a positive skills assessment. You'd have to check with the relevant skills assessor. However you still need 3 years relevant work experience to qualify for Direct Entry, so a positive skills assessment won't help with that.

yes the skills assessment is required for this visa.

I just wonder how you get a positive skills assessment if you have only one year of experience.

Can you shed us some light on this.

thanks.

Some occupations (e.g. Accountants and Engineers) don't require any work experience in order to get a positive skills assessment. The amount (if any) of experience required is determined by the skills assessment authority.

Archived