rent or buy

Guest coxey

Guest coxey

hi we have just started the process of migrating and wondered if any ex pats could help with this

do you think it is wise to buy a brand new house fairly soon after arriving as that would be our plan any advice welcome:spinny:

We bought fairly quickly - although it was an established property. We lived in a furnished rental for 12 weeks - and moved into our new home at the end of the rental. We knew that we would be staying here in Oz so buying was always on the cards for us, we liked the area we were living in and the kids liked the school they were in. A new build takes forever it seems to be built - my friends still isn't finished from september last year (they're hoping for the end of July). I think you need to be sure that where you're living is where you want to settle, before buying a property

Ali

We initally rented for 6 mths ,but knew we loved the area and bought our house after only 3 mths.It did need renovating which was good because we could live in the rental and do the main work before we moved in.Most areas (in brissy)you wont lose on property anyway so if in a year you decide its not the place for you ,,sell it!,,good luck with whatever you decide

Cal x

Guest emi-great

Hi I would say that in general it is a buyers market at the moment so if you can find short term accommodation in the City you plan to move to that would give you time to have a look around & buy something.

Here in Perth rents have sky rocketed & good rental accommodation is becoming harder to find ... although its not impossible. House prices have stabilised after a couple of years of rising at unprecedented rates. If you arrive as a cash buyer or only needing a small mortgage you will be in a good position to negotiate a bargain

I arent sure about the other states & cities but expect the housing market is similar everywhere

Eve

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation in Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warmbro and Perth

Guest taylorandrew

It is true that buyers are buying houses at nominal prices. There are some buyers who will buy your house and rent it back to you.

I have found one website Sell House and Rent Back. One of my friend sold his house to them and than rent it back. They also provide repurchase option.

Archived