Is anyone scared of a 26 hour flight?

Guest Teapot_monkey

Guest Teapot_monkey

I am moving to Queensland hopefully this summer, and I am REALLY scared about the flighty thingamajig. Mum says she will buy some sleeping pills, but what If I wake up? Im REALLY scared! If anyone has any reassuring stuff, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me!:unsure::arghh::unsure:

Guest LyndaG

Hi

Its really quite good lots of the latest movies to watch, music to listen to and if you take your hand luggage full of bits to do you'l be fine, I have done this journey a few times now with my kids too and they sleep some, watch movies, have dinner and you'l be surprised how quick it goes.

Enjoy

Lynda

Guest misschief

Thanks Lynda! She is keen to be there but not so keen on the ol' flight!! HEll if the vallium doesnt work for her - i will take it LOL:biglaugh:

Does anyone have kids that can ease her mind - grown ups just dont know anything!!!:skeptical:

HI TEAPOT .... I DONT WANT TO INTERFERE WITH WHAT YOUR MUM HAS SAID .... AS SHE WILL NO DOUBT HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL .... BUT TO LET YOU INTO A WEE SECRET .... IM 44 AND MY FIRST EVER FLIGHT WAS TO AUSTRALIA 13YRS AGO .... LIKE YOU I WAS REALLY REALLY SCARED AND KEPT IMAGING ALLSORTS .... AS IT TURNED OUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT !!!! I HAVE SINCE BEEN BACK TO OZ AND AMERICA AND I LOVE FLYING ..... THE PLANE YOU WILL BE GOING ON IS VERY BIG AND ITS LIKE SITTING IN YOU OWN HOUSE ..... YOU CAN GET UP AND WALK ABOUT AND THEY HAVE FILMS AND THINGS FOR YOU TO DO .... DONT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT IT AS THE FLYING PART IS ALL PART OF THE TRIP . :yes:

MRS KEILY

Guest misschief

Thanks Keily!! Mum's just don't know this stuff!!!

And traybears - :biglaugh: i have 3 so i kinda know where you are coming from!! I don't mind flying - its the cooping with the three of 'em!! Gee i hope i can take their DS's on the flight!!!

Guest sean,marie & gang

We did a 24 hr flight to Sydney with four kids. It was fine. The kids were knackered or entertained!!!! My youngest one at the time was 11mths old and it just wasnt a problem. The only thing that I could think about the whole time was getting there, so we went on a non stopover flight and I think that is the best thing that I could recommend. We stopped for an hour in Singapore then straight onto oz. All I can say, it didnt seem that long, the kids played on psp and ds and inflight entertainment. The hardest part was getting milk from the stewards for the little one.As she didnt have her own seat they expected her not to eat or drink for 24hrs!!!! So my dinners were halved!!

Guest traybears

HI MARIE,THANKS FOR THE GOOD ADVISE.TRACY.XX.

We did a 24 hr flight to Sydney with four kids. It was fine. The kids were knackered or entertained!!!! My youngest one at the time was 11mths old and it just wasnt a problem. The only thing that I could think about the whole time was getting there, so we went on a non stopover flight and I think that is the best thing that I could recommend. We stopped for an hour in Singapore then straight onto oz. All I can say, it didnt seem that long, the kids played on psp and ds and inflight entertainment. The hardest part was getting milk from the stewards for the little one.As she didnt have her own seat they expected her not to eat or drink for 24hrs!!!! So my dinners were halved!!

Guest graham$nic

Hi all we done the flight last october to Sydney with my two daughters age 10 and 2 and my son 12. My eldest daughter was so worried even though we had done the same flight a few years previous!!!!!!! but once she was on the plane she was fine to be honest they slept most of the time and as lynda says they watch movies play games eat etc the time does go fast.Even my 2 year old was an angel didnt know i had her.

As i told my kids the getting on the plane is a big adventure!!!!!!!!!!

Guest misschief

Thanks everyone :) I will make sure she reads your replies in the morning!!

I have no worries other than the fact i will be alone with them!! Dad will already be in Oz when we leave!!! So she will have that to look forward to at least!!:twitcy:

Guest sean,marie & gang

Hi Misschief, Just notice that your visa was appiled for on the 17.3. what visa have you appied on? is it a trade visa? Do you no that you have applied on the luckiest day of the year......... the luck of the Irish..... St Patricks Day!!!!!!!!!!

Guest misschief

Hubby is going on the 457 visa. He is a mechanic (26 years experience) We've been told Diesel Mechs are needed and heavy plant - he covers both as he served 22 years in the Army!!:smile:

Man i really hope the "Luck O' The Irish" comes through for us!!!

Guest Cellefrouin

Hey.. I absolutly love flying .. but on a long flight id bring lots of stuff do do (dvd , nintendo , etc.. )

There's nothing to be scared about.. im not quite sure they'd want you fast asleep so you can't wake up, for safety reasons, but flying is the safest transport you know .. If you are scared, id take some sweets to suck on when your taking off and landing.. if you'd like to speak on msn ..jus pm me =] ..

Speak later, Nathalie (celle's daughter)

Guest traybears

LOL,:smile:SOMETHING IN SOMETHING!!!!!

Hi Tracy, didnt realise you had four. Must be something in the paint!!!!!!LOL

Marie x

Archived