Very important Question.Help Plsss !!!

dreamz

Well, I have been following this forum for a while. I have come across a bizarre situation. I Lodged ENS (186 Visa) using a migration agent like 4 months back. I authorized my Migration agent to communicate on behalf with the immigration Dept.Until now my application status is showing "in Progress". The main problem which made the whole thing for me complicated is that today i got news from his office that my migration agent passed away due to heart attack. I am now not sure what should i do next. Do, i need to transfer the case to someone else, or shall i wait ? Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks.:skeptical:

There are a number of agents on here so I'm sure someone will give you advice shortly once the UK wakes up.

i guess the main factor would be whether he was a one man band or part of a bigger organisation.

hope you are back on track soon.

I think he was the sole proprietor. The thing is our application was Decision Ready. All the documents were front loaded ,that even includes our medicals. What are my other options now? Is their a possibility of cancelling that authorization and i be the one communicating with the department or would it be better to find some other agent? But if to transfer the case to other agent i will have to pay fees once again.

Well, I have been following this forum for a while. I have come across a bizarre situation. I Lodged ENS (186 Visa) using a migration agent like 4 months back. I authorized my Migration agent to communicate on behalf with the immigration Dept.Until now my application status is showing "in Progress". The main problem which made the whole thing for me complicated is that today i got news from his office that my migration agent passed away due to heart attack. I am now not sure what should i do next. Do, i need to transfer the case to someone else, or shall i wait ? Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

It depends but the first thing to do would be to call the Agent's office to determine what is happening with their case load.

You can also look at the form 956 that you signed to see if a secondary agent was nominated.

You may need to nominate yourself or a new authorised person to communicate with the Department.

It depends but the first thing to do would be to call the Agent's office to determine what is happening with their case load.

You can also look at the form 956 that you signed to see if a secondary agent was nominated.

You may need to nominate yourself or a new authorised person to communicate with the Department.

We'll, I got email from my agents office yesterday saying that as he passed away the business will cease to operate. They have suggested me to either take case under my own or get other agent. Thing is that, my application is under process is it worth getting another agent? I will have to pay fees again to new agent. I will loose the fees I already paid to my agent who passed away. What to do next? Anyone ?

Presumably what you've paid your agent was the DIBP fees plus his fees to assemble and lodge your application. So any fees to a new agent should simply be for work related to follow up on your application and communication/assistance regarding any additional documents required.

Since your application was lodged as decision ready, you'd probably be safe to simply advise DIBP that you nominate yourself as the new authorized person for all communication regarding your visa. And if there are any requests from DIBP for additional information, you could decide then whether you are comfortable handling it yourself or would like to get an agent to assist.

Archived