Quick question regarding UK Immigration Laws...

Sarahelle

Hey all, wonder if anyone is particularly knowledgeable about this...

I understand the new financial laws regarding taking a non-European spouse to the UK, me being a British Citizen and DF being Australian. I was wondering if anyone knows whether they would take into consideration the fact that my fiance lived and worked in the UK for 8 years, obviously paying taxes all the while he was there and had Indefinite Right to Leave until it expired last year since we have not been able get back to the UK for a visit.

I guess I am being optimistic about this, but I really would like to go home in the future and be able to take my little family with me. I, along with thousands of other people, feel ostracised from Britain, which is sad.

Thanks for any help, Sarah x

Hey all, wonder if anyone is particularly knowledgeable about this...

I understand the new financial laws regarding taking a non-European spouse to the UK, me being a British Citizen and DF being Australian. I was wondering if anyone knows whether they would take into consideration the fact that my fiance lived and worked in the UK for 8 years, obviously paying taxes all the while he was there and had Indefinite Right to Leave until it expired last year since we have not been able get back to the UK for a visit.

I guess I am being optimistic about this, but I really would like to go home in the future and be able to take my little family with me. I, along with thousands of other people, feel ostracised from Britain, which is sad.

Thanks for any help, Sarah x

That's sad and bloody wrong ....bloody politicians getting into bed with the e.u and forgetting our historical ties ....disgraceful .

When the **** hits the fan , somewhere in the world ....it will be the poms stood next to aussies , kiwis and Canadians, as usual ....with the Europeans keeping a low profile .

That's sad and bloody wrong ....bloody politicians getting into bed with the e.u and forgetting our historical ties ....disgraceful .

When the **** hits the fan , somewhere in the world ....it will be the poms stood next to aussies , kiwis and Canadians, as usual ....with the Europeans keeping a low profile .

It has nothing to do with the EU as this a rule brought in by the present government and the UK is the only EU member that has such a law.

Probably not unfortunately. Does he have a UK born parent or grandparent or any other European parent/grandparent that he might be able to get either citizenship by descent, an ancestry visa or another European passport. If he had ILR for 8 yrs, couldn't he have applied for citizenship then? I'd talk to an agent to see what your options may be.

No unfortunately he doesn't. He didn't apply for citizenship then because he had split with his ex-wife (British) and was going to come back to Oz never to return...or so he thought, lol. I wish he had though, it would have saved so much trouble & I wish I had realised what letting his ILR lapse would have meant, but honestly I just thought it would be a case of getting a spouse visa like I did here. We can't afford to move yet anyway - we'll have to see what happens.

Archived