186 application - direct entry - work experience criteria

darkwhite87

I'm applying for PR under 186 direct entry stream, with my employers assistance. One of the requirements is I need 3+ years work experience, where this is based on a 35 hour per week full time employment.

I have around 2.8 years with my current employer, however I do 40 hours per week and this is also noted in my contract. Would the case officer take this into consideration? I'm really hoping the additional hours can be taking into account and justify the 3 years requirement.

Any comments or thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I definitely needs to be three years. They are ridiculously fastidious about the detail and it would be risky to apply and possibly have your app rejected, thereby losing your money, for the sake of a few months. Unless you have evidence of having done the full 3 years I wouldn't apply yet.

Wow, you're lucky to hve found someone willing to go down the 186 direct entry route with you. We were told that most employers are unwilling to do it because of the commitment on their behalf (with a new, unproven employee). Do you mind my asking what line of work you're in...? No worries if you'd rather not say :-)

Wow, you're lucky to hve found someone willing to go down the 186 direct entry route with you. We were told that most employers are unwilling to do it because of the commitment on their behalf (with a new, unproven employee). Do you mind my asking what line of work you're in...? No worries if you'd rather not say :-)

My husband and I are both academics, we were brought over on a 457 and then lodged for direct entry almost immediately. It was very quick and simple, eased even more by being exempt from skills assessments.