Gastric banding hypnotherapy

Chortlepuss

We all have a natural metabolic rate that gets lazy. It can be speeded up by doing exercise. Especially early morning stuff.

Agree Paul but everyone's base metabolic rate is different and it is all down to genetics... just ask any Dietician... yes we can increase it with exercise and diet, but what we are born with is what we have to start from.

Agree Paul but everyone's base metabolic rate is different and it is all down to genetics... just ask any Dietician... yes we can increase it with exercise and diet, but what we are born with is what we have to start from.

I worked in the health service many years ago and our community dietetics manager was not exactly an advert for the service she was delivering. I have no idea what her "deal" was but I'm willing to bet it was not dietary related so no-one should prejudge anyone just by looking at them.

Ive dropped 50kg and think I look OK - not that much saggy skin which is amazing given the balloon that I was. I'm a convert to checking out food intolerances first. I poo-poohed the idea when a chiropractor suggested it to me. I know, the blood tests arent all that reliable according to research etc etc but I thought - couple of hundred, what do I have to lose? So I did the tests and the first 25kg of my weight fell off - I was intolerant to a whole load of stuff which I took out of the diet cold turkey. Other benefits were that I stopped snoring overnight, my sleep apnoea stopped, I didnt have half the aches and pains that I had before. I know it gets a bad press but all you have to lose is a few dollars. Failing that, go paleo and chances are that weight will fall off until you stabilize at your healthy weight.

Guest littlesarah

I am not overweight, never have been (lucky me) - but one thing I've learned over the last few weeks managing gestational diabetes is that I ate more than I consciously realised. In keeping a food diary (which I complete as I go), I've become accountable for every single thing I eat - be it one square of chocolate or a whole meal. I've realised that a second piece of slice or biscuit doesn't increase the feeling of satisfaction compared to having just one. I really do wonder how many people consume more than they think, just because it's so easy to sneak a little bit of something and then forget that we ate it, or to eat what is actually a much larger portion size than we physiologically require.

I am not overweight, never have been (lucky me) - but one thing I've learned over the last few weeks managing gestational diabetes is that I ate more than I consciously realised. In keeping a food diary (which I complete as I go), I've become accountable for every single thing I eat - be it one square of chocolate or a whole meal. I've realised that a second piece of slice or biscuit doesn't increase the feeling of satisfaction compared to having just one. I really do wonder how many people consume more than they think, just because it's so easy to sneak a little bit of something and then forget that we ate it, or to eat what is actually a much larger portion size than we physiologically require.

I have until quite recently been super skinny, the kind of person that ate anything and everything I wanted to, drank quite a bit of beer and although I walk a lot and am quite fit I don't exercise a huge amount. Just recently though (a certain age) I have started to put on weight on my tummy and this has forced me to look at my portion sizes - I don't think many people (including me) really appreciate how small a normal portion is. Now I don't deny myself anything but just make sure it is a little bit (so 2 small cubes of dark chocolate as a treat). Suddenly I have had to become more disciplined and I am now more sympathetic with people who struggle with their weight. I have steadily reduced our portion sizes (apart from veg) I also have water instead of beer - and hardly ever drink soft drinks. Everything in moderation! I did wonder why hubby (who eats good food and not much more than me or so I thought) was piling on the pounds - but I often catch him 'secret eating' - a slab of cheese here, a handful of nuts - food diaries are excellent as they force us to come to terms with all the extras

Archived