How strict are the Case Officers???

Coolbreeze

Hey Guys, hoping someone may be able to answer this one for me...

I have been going this alone and am applying for the subclass 189 PR Visa along with de facto partner.

Medicals Arranged for front loading - PCC's have been applied for - also being front loaded AND just waiting for my partner's 'full' birth certificate to arrive (she only had the partial one without parents names). I believe we should have everything for the CO, including tonnes f evidence for de facto relationship - mortgage agreements/statements, flight itineraries, photo's, 5 x statutory declarations (including ours).

However, for my question, how strict can the CO be. If we have front loaded Medicals/PCC's and there was something missing (eg some documents needed certifying when we keep getting told colour scans are okay) would they simply notify us of what documents are missing/needed/amended OR could they notify us saying 'sorry you have not supplied the suitable documents to continue with your application'??

I have been scouring other forums and heard some real shockers...people claiming they were given an email saying they had been appointed a CO, then 2 weeks later getting emails sorry, the application can not continue due to lack of paperwork.

This seems a little harsh to me and something not adding up from what I read on Poms In Oz. Has anyone had any experience going it alone and not having 'everything' that the CO wanted??????

NOTE: Currently, anything I have uploaded always appears as 'required' as I upload it.....that right??

Any help appreciated

Guest guest30085

I forgot to fill in the dependent form which is mandatory. Now I didn't front load meds and PCC, so when the CO contacted me she just requested these along with the missing form. I had 28 days to arrange. It was no big deal, they will just request anything that they require.

hi coolbbreeze,

please help us. we facing same problem what you face after visa lodged. my partner name does not appear in the drop-down of attracted document section. in you case how you resolve this.

i am talking about this thread "attaching documents question: missing-partner"

please help us

hi coolbbreeze,

please help us. we facing same problem what you face after visa lodged. my partner name does not appear in the drop-down of attracted document section. in you case how you resolve this.

i am talking about this thread "attaching documents question: missing-partner"

please help us

Sauib,

I received an email about 4 days later stating that my application had been accepted and would be 'processed'. It was at this point that everything was available to me to attach documents for my partner. Just wait for that email, it doesn't take long to arrive

Hey Guys, hoping someone may be able to answer this one for me...

I have been going this alone and am applying for the subclass 189 PR Visa along with de facto partner.

Medicals Arranged for front loading - PCC's have been applied for - also being front loaded AND just waiting for my partner's 'full' birth certificate to arrive (she only had the partial one without parents names). I believe we should have everything for the CO, including tonnes f evidence for de facto relationship - mortgage agreements/statements, flight itineraries, photo's, 5 x statutory declarations (including ours).

However, for my question, how strict can the CO be. If we have front loaded Medicals/PCC's and there was something missing (eg some documents needed certifying when we keep getting told colour scans are okay) would they simply notify us of what documents are missing/needed/amended OR could they notify us saying 'sorry you have not supplied the suitable documents to continue with your application'??

I have been scouring other forums and heard some real shockers...people claiming they were given an email saying they had been appointed a CO, then 2 weeks later getting emails sorry, the application can not continue due to lack of paperwork.

This seems a little harsh to me and something not adding up from what I read on Poms In Oz. Has anyone had any experience going it alone and not having 'everything' that the CO wanted??????

NOTE: Currently, anything I have uploaded always appears as 'required' as I upload it.....that right??

Any help appreciated

Hi, I wouldn't worry just upload everything you have and make sure you have uploaded as much of the documents required, if anything else is needed the CO will request. We didn't upload any info of my partner Aussie work experience and we claimed points for this, and CO just requested this evidence. 13 days later visa was granted :-)

Hi, I wouldn't worry just upload everything you have and make sure you have uploaded as much of the documents required, if anything else is needed the CO will request. We didn't upload any info of my partner Aussie work experience and we claimed points for this, and CO just requested this evidence. 13 days later visa was granted :-)

Brilliant. I am seriously anal when it comes to paperwork and any form of admin - the idea of missing something bothers me. However, I realise it's not everyday you apply for PR to Australia and inevitably I will miss something I am sure.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

The Case Officers are of course strict as they have to abide by a set of rules. Having said that, my experience is that if you have left something out, they will contact you and request it within a certain time frame. If you cannot comply within that time frame, just reply with evidence that you have set in motion the request for whatever documentation requested and you will forward it when received. Also bear in mind that every visa application will be different and the applicant will have a different background, details, story etc to yours, so just because you hear that one application was rejected because of missing paperwork, it probably means that the applicant didn't fit in other categories and it was pointless requesting the missing documents.

The only times you would likely get refused is if you didn't have something which was essential to the application which it is stipulated you should have BEFORE applying for the visa. So skills assessments, ielts. They might ask you for them afterwards, which if they are dated before you applied for the visa there would be no problem. If they were dated afterwards the co has to refuse the visa. Thems the rules.

Also, if you use an agent for a 'decision ready' application and it is missing things they can turn it down. The whole point of decision ready applications is that the agent has made sure everything is there to save immigration time, which is why they are processed quicker. They will process on the info they have. Some cos are nice and do ask for extras, but they don't have to.

Okay, I think i should be okay. IELTS and Skills assessment were done before as they had to be, they needed this info for the EOI. The only thing I am waiting on is my partners 'full' birth certificate. Currently, I have only uploaded the one without parents names on it. She has ordered this and should be ready to scan in the next week - I may have been silly and pressed submit thinking this would arrive way before a CO is appointed (which it should do) but you never know.

I am confident it is all there. The PCC's and Meds will hopefully be ready before a CO is appointed too.

Thanks for everyones help