Dry hair - what do you use?

captain maracas

I have very long, thick hair which is prone to dryness. I use Moroccan oil shampoo & conditioner - not cheap but last ages and doesn't leave deposits on your hair like some of the cheaper brands. Other than that I use organic argan oil in the lengths and ends once a week. I apply it to my hair, then sleep with my hair tied up and. On an old pillow slip, and wash it out in the morning.

My hair had dried out so much since arriving in Oz, I morrocanoil treatment oil and it works wonders. I just apply it to my damp hair before blow drying and my hair's improved massively. It's not cheap but the last bottle I bought lasted 3 years because you need to use so little.

I tried the Moroccan oil treatment oil and found that it built up in my hair. On checking the ingredients it is only about 5% argan oil, the rest is silicone oils, which can build up, I find particularly if I am using a cool shower to wash my hair - doesn't seem hot enough to wash it out. I bought a bottle of organic Argan oil, which I use for my hair. I also use it in an oil-based facial cleanser, and I also use it in a night oil which I make for my skin with rosehip oil and evening primrose oil.

I'm with Diane on the hair moisturiser! 5 months after I came here I had to have 4 inches cut off my lovely long hair because it had dried out so badly it was dead! Now I put hair moisturiser on my hair before I go in the pool and out in the sun, it has worked wonders. I use Oasis as it has solar protection too. You can get it from most salons. Also on hot days I protect it with a hat and even when I'm playing tennis.

Steph

Archived