perth or brisbane

gdjones

Perth probably has more work opportunities at the moment and ticks the boxes for family & beaches.

i haven't been to Brisbane but I'm sure that does too and it's not so isolated.

I'd say Brisbane, you have the Gold & Sunshine coasts for beach's and employment opportunities I think would be better due to the much larger and spread of civilization. Several people I have met say that Perth is a smaller Brisbane, and this was confirmed by, my now, son-in-law whom is a Perth Aussie. Brisbane also probably has the best year round climate of all the capitol cities too, and I say again year round climate not individual seasonal events.

Cheers Keith.

Perth by a country mile. Yes, Brisbane has the Gold coast and the Sunshine coast, but they are quite a drive from the city, whereas in Perth, they are in your face. Depends what you want, if it's a busy life, with nightlife thrown in, then Brisbane, if it's a more laid back lifestyle, then Perth all the way.

Where you can get a job should be most important. I have only visited perth but I live in Brisbane so i'll give my 2 cents about Brisbane

1.Great weather - apart from the summer where occasionally it can get too hot and wet every now and again, it probably has the ideal weather if you like to wear shorts and tshirt year round.

2. Can swim at the beaches most of the year as water temperature is higher. Also variety of beach resorts within 1 hr drive is good, be it Sunny Coast, gold coast, Bribie Island, Stradbroke Island, even the pretend beach at south bank.

3 House prices (probably a big deal for most family's, seem to be lower than Perth's despite being a bigger city. Think only Adelaide's are cheaper out of the big 5 Cities.

4.Fancy a weekender? - Sunny coast and gold coast, Byron Bay all within a not too long a drive. Fly to sydney in an hour. Fly to melbourne in under 2. Fly to Cairns in 2 and a half.

5. Restaurants, Many good restaurants. I've still got so many to try and ive been here a couple of years. South Bank has a multitude of options as does along the river in the CBD

I spent a few months in Perth and had a great time. I have lived in Brisbane for almost 2 years now and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Climate is great (most of the year), lovely beaches, lots to do in the city, really lush, green environment, and better access (than Perth) to the other cities. Love it!

You say beaches. Well Brisbane itself doesn't have one. They are all a drive. I am in Perth and the water is 40 meters from my front door.

Bugga!! Mandurah was a 'cut lunch' away in my time in the Golden West.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

You say beaches. Well Brisbane itself doesn't have one. They are all a drive. I am in Perth and the water is 40 meters from my front door.

We have one at Southbank. No other city has one that close to the CBD!

Archived