Florists on list

Robarts Family

ACT needs florists? Well I never! Might be another example of occupations not matching job vacancies I suspect

I've certainly not seen any "Florist Wanted!" signs up..

Guest guest30085

C'mon guys, give the OP a break, it is on the list after all and unless sponsored by an employer, gaining state sponsorship doesn't mean you are obliged to work in your nominated occupation, if there is no demand, although the state appears to think there is :wubclub:

Below is the link to ACT state sponsorship

http://canberrayourfuture.com.au/portal/migrating/article/act-occupation-list/

The occupation is showing as 'limited' for number of places offered

http://canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/act-occupation-list-2013-14-10-december-13.pdf

The requirements for state sponsorship by ACT

http://canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/190-skilled-nominated-guidelines-10-december-13.pdf

Ill try to find a link for the skills assessment details and add that when I find it

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi Ere,

I have noticed florists are on a list but wondered if they are they in demand? If they are how long would it take to process and would it be a permanent visa?

thanks

To have your occupation on the governments skilled shortage list would make it clearly evident that there is some sort of demand for that role. My genuine question is; what sort of courses are there to become a qualified florist? You would have to pass a skills assessment to have a chance of permanent residency and I don't imagine many florists would have an apprenticeship or diploma in that field. This is most likely due to ignorance on my part and not having a deep understanding of the expertise that's involved in such a role.

Don't be discouraged, if you have the right level of qualifications then it's a go. You would obtain permanent residency through this occupation and there are many other occupations that perhaps one would consider as more likely to be in demand that are on the same list and *limited* category as yours is.

Kind regards

Guest guest30085
To have your occupation on the governments skilled shortage list would make it clearly evident that there is some sort of demand for that role. My genuine question is; what sort of courses are there to become a qualified florist? You would have to pass a skills assessment to have a chance of permanent residency and I don't imagine many florists would have an apprenticeship or diploma in that field. This is most likely due to ignorance on my part and not having a deep understanding of the expertise that's involved in such a role.

Don't be discouraged, if you have the right level of qualifications then it's a go. You would obtain permanent residency through this occupation and there are many other occupations that perhaps one would consider as more likely to be in demand that are on the same list and *limited* category as yours is.

Kind regards

I wondered this also, as a Certificate iv or equivalent is required (or cert iii with on the job training) I'm not sure whether TRA accept qualifications not related, I'm presuming not as it's a 'trade', mine was through Vetassess and luckily they will assess the level of the qualification and relevant work experience, where the qualification is not directly related to the nominated occupation.

Of course I understand that agents may not always wish to divulge this, that I can understand. I can't help further, as even though both of my siblings gained positive skills assessments from TRA, both had qualifications directly related to their occupations.

To the original poster - it may be worth talking to a couple of registered migration agents to see if you could gauge the requirements for the skills assessment if you decide to go ahead. Most will give you an initial free assessment. Do you have any qualifications in your occupation?

Part of me feels bad for asking the question!! But thankyou anyway for your help. There are city in guilds qualifications in floristry in the UK it is a skill and I am currently studying on have diploma level two which it actually goes up to level five degree level. I will go onto level three for my personal achievement. Thanks again, I think :)

Archived