Permant residency ☺️

Bec22

I have recently moved to Perth Australia with my family from England and I had to leave my boyfriend behind, he has decided that he would like to join me and my family out here but we don't have a clue were to start we have been looking around and I have seen that if he applies from a student visa and goes to a ELICOS college he can then go to TAFE Institute and has more chance of permanent residency.

is this right or is there more to it then this?

Many thanks

Does he really want to study? If not he might be able to get a working holiday visa, assuming he hasn't used it already. Either way he preferably needs to live with you so yu can start collecting evidence for the future :-)

As Cez says above a WHV would be his best option assuming that he is under 30 years of age.

He can get a WHV potentially for 2 years. He will need to do 3 months regional work to qualify for his second year WHV. During this time collate as much evidence as possible that you are in a relationship and he could get a defacto visa. I'd speak to a MARA registered migration agent to confirm your options.

As far as I know he wants to study he's only 18 and didn't attend college in the Uk so he's scared he's not going to get a career path through a working visa, I've also heard that on a working visa you have to change jobs every 3 months is that right? Also would he have to do the IELTS exam because that is what the ELICOS college provides?

My boyfriend defiantly wants to study does anyone know his opticians for visas xx

How many tens of thousands of dollars does he have to spend?

Foreign students pay large fees to go to Australian universities and colleges. This is on top of the money they need to support themselves.

We have a new plan

so we will apply for the working holiday visa

but if we do what how long will he be able to stay out here and how long does he have to stay in one job I've heard 3 months but I don't no and also

if he was able to get sponsored by a work place will this mean he can apply for permanent residence?

I think they changed it from 3 to 6 months.

With no qualifications, and what sounds like negligible skills, sponsorship sounds unlikely. A friend of mine was sponsored whilst on a WHV but she needed to provide proof of her degree and past work experience to show that a person of similar caliber could not be sourced from the Australian work force.

I'm no expert but I would sway towards a de facto visa... get him registered at your address and maybe do some research on what the requirements would be for this?

Oh and I once looked at a student visa to study at university in Australia, I soon realised it would never happen. I think I needed to prove I had both the fees and the money to support myself for 3 years. It was somewhere in the region of 80,000 GBP, and that was when the exchange rate was better.

Best of luck to you, if it's meant to happen then it will xx

We're thinking of getting a work visa in order to be able to afford a permeant residency visa in the future

do you know how much a work visa is?

How done I get a job?

Do I have to get a job before I get out to Australia or can I get one once I'm there?

He has pst work experience he's been working in the Minnie bar and restaurant for just over 3 years and has an A level in business studies but I'm not sure if that means anything

i was looking the relationship visa but were exactly partners and were not living together at the moment if he got out here he would be living under my roof would that count?

I would recommend he do the two working holiday visas, then you could look at applying for a partner 820 visa. Google partner migration book 1 australia - this should lead you to a booklet by Aussie immigration. After two years of being granted this visa, if you're still together then he'll get permanent residency. If you break up though, he has 28 days to change visa or leave Aus.

with no qualifications and no money it would be very difficult for him to get a skilled work visa. Permanent residency really isn't that easy to get these days, so there aren't many "easy options". Good luck!

We're thinking of getting a work visa in order to be able to afford a permeant residency visa in the future

do you know how much a work visa is?

How done I get a job?

Do I have to get a job before I get out to Australia or can I get one once I'm there?

I would forget sponsorship as he is unlikely to be eligible. To get sponsorship you still need a skill on the skills lists.

His best option is to come on a WHV and do the required regional work immediately in order to qualify for the second year WHV.

He can work for an employer for 6 months, though he can do the last 6 months on the first one and another 6 months on the second one with the same employer.

To stay permanently his best option would be a partner visa. In order to qualify you would need to prove you have been living together for 12 months as man and wife. Simply having a room with your parents would not likely qualify. So you would need to look at getting your own place together as soon as he comes over.

A WHV is not expensive. You can read about it in the Aus immigration website. It will explain all.

It won't get you PR off the back of it however.

What you can do is go to Aus on a WHV, get the 3 months regional work under your belt to allow a second year WHV. Then live with your partner, de facto, as a proper couple. Do this for a minimum of a year, you should be able to apply for a partner visa. Read more about that on the immigration site also.

Check your partner is eligible to sponsor you for a de facto when the time comes. You can do this now fwiw so you know if she is able to.

Hi Bec22 a working holiday visa costs around £260 he doesn't need any qualifications as work can vary this is what back packers use I've looked at it for my son. Hope this helps

Debbs

Thank you so much for all this help do you know how much a working is?xx

Archived