uk plumber looking for sponsored work

scott pett

Hi there I am new to this forum snd the few posts I have put on I have had great feedback. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone knew any companys that would sponser me for work as a plumber and help me and my wife and two kids get permenatnt resedency. Any advicedis appreciated

Hi there I am new to this forum snd the few posts I have put on I have had great feedback. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone knew any companys that would sponser me for work as a plumber and help me and my wife and two kids get permenatnt resedency. Any advicedis appreciated

Hi, I don't want to burst your bubble but I don't think theres much chance of that happening with what I know, tons of plumbers in oz as it is. Its also the hardest trade to get into with all the re training and licenses etc,. I don't know your circumstances but a state sponsored visa is your best bet, I always think you are best to talk to a migration agent, we used visa bureau, they wont get you a job but tell you your best options. there is a expo (downunder live) coming up at Birmingham Feb 8-9th www.downunderlive.co.uk/event-birmingham.php maybe worth a try . Hope this helps and good luck.

Ro

What would u recommend for me to get the family over and get working?

Independent skilled migration 189 or 190 would be best. But has been said you need to ensure you fully understand the ticket and licensing requirements for the state you want to go to - a skills assessment gives you a right to migrate not a right to work (which is bizarre in my mind but just the way it is)

The reason a 457 is not a good option is it does not provide permanent residency - and you lose your job (whether through leaving, sacking or redundancy) and you have to leave the country shortly afterwards - it's the sort of thing you do as an experience and rent your UK house out to come back to.

After 2 years on a 457 some employers will sponsor you for permanent residency (in fact if you have a skills assessment you don't have to wait 2 years but few employers are willing to do that)

If you are willing to have an adventure and take a chance it may be worth contacting this company http://www.workforcesolutions.com.au - no plumbers wanted right now though.

As Lady says, I would recommend your look at permanent residence visas - 189 or 190 or even 489 if you are short on points.

A sponsored visa is normally a temp visa valid for up to 4 years. It is tied to the employer so, if you lose your job you have 90 days to find another or leave the country. There have been numerous people on here who have fell foul of this.

Guest Guest 47403

Definitely a permanent visa, really take on board what people advise about your training and licences it catches people out and they end up heading back to the UK with there tail between there legs blaming Australia, your UK quals do not mean you can work In Oz you have to re-qualify to satisfy the system over there.