190 Visa and thinking about moving to Oz

Ant3b

Hello,

First off I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for a while monitoring certain threads. :)

I am now seriously thinking of moving to Australia.

I am told with my profession (hardware technician/Systems Administrator) I can gain state sponsorship.

I have tried to do an EOI (Expression of Interest) and it is asking for a skills assessment. Why is this needed for example? I have the relevant experience and qualifications.

Is it better to get an agent or do it yourself?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

A skills assessment is a mandatory requirement for this visa subclass, regardless of the applicant, the occupation, or the qualifications and experience.

If you do it yourself you need to be prepared to put in the time and effort to research all the requirements for the whole process. If not, you pay an agent to advise you.

I have tried to do an EOI (Expression of Interest) and it is asking for a skills assessment. Why is this needed for example? I have the relevant experience and qualifications.

Anyone can say they have the relevant experience and qualifications but understandably the Australian government is not going to take your word for it.

You need to prove you have the relevant experience and qualifications by passing the skills assessment.

Archived