Best way to get to Oz!

Global1

Hi Guys,

First poster here. I am currently looking into the idea of moving to Australia as its somewhere i have travelled before on the usual backpacker trip. I fell in love with the place and have now decided i would like to live and work there, the only problem i have with this is how do i go about doing this?!

I am a business owner here in the UK which supplies and installs granite worktops so I would be classed under a stonemason which is on the SOL list. However i would really like to move sooner rather than later so do you guys think sending off my CV to companies over there is a viable way to get a sponsored visa? Or am I just kidding myself here....any comments welcome :biggrin:

I know nothing about the system of today having come (and returned recently) many years ago. I would be inclined to look up businesses in your field of expertise and send something off to every one of them!

Good luck to you!

That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if basically saying hey here I am can i have a job and get you to sponsor me was the right way forward, but I guess nothing ventured nothing gained right........

That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if basically saying hey here I am can i have a job and get you to sponsor me was the right way forward, but I guess nothing ventured nothing gained right........

You have nothing to lose at all. You could even approach it in a general way asking for advice about how it works in Australia/ given the experience you have../ and it would be nice to settle there and contribute to the society and the economy.

.................or you could just ask them if they are employing..!

Do you have a skill on the skilled list and if so, can you provide training and backup information about your craft. Have you a partner/wife who may be able to get a visa.

Good luck

Hi Petals,

My profession is a Stonemason ( cutting, polishing and shaping of hard and soft stone ) It is in the skills list, i don't have any relevant qualifications per say as there is no recognised course in the UK, what i do have is bags of experience and currently run my own business doing this. Some sort of nominated or sponsored visa seems to be the best route to take but i have spent all day reading and my mind is frazzled now....thanks for replies everyone

Archived