What happens after you arrive?

zoe1922

Hi I'm hoping that you might be able to answer me a couple of questions.

We have a 176 PR visa and will be moving over to Oz later this year. As part of the sponsorship email that we got in the middle of 2010, it states the following:

1. You remain living and working in Western Australia for a period of two years after obtaining your visa;

2. You keep the Western Australian Government informed of your contact details after your arrival;

3. You complete a settlement survey every six months for a period of 24 months; and

4. You transfer around A$390000 into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements

1 & 2 are fine. I presume we contact them via email to let them know of our arrival and contact details?

3 - do they send you the survey to complete?

4 - I had originally estimated that we would be taking over about $390000, but since 2010 things have changed a bit and it now looks like we'll only have about $250000 to take. Do they check this and do I need to advise them that we will be taking less money? (still plenty to live on though..)

Hope you have some experience of this that you can share with me :wink:

Many thanks,

Zoe

1. This is debatable and some people on here have moved out of WA within the two year period. However, last year there was a couple on the TV who had moved and got caught out.

2. I dont think anyone does this intentionally but as soon as you have a drivers licence, pay tax or have a medicare card they'll know where you are anyway!

3. I dont know anyone who has done this.

4. They diddnt check us in 2012

Hi I'm hoping that you might be able to answer me a couple of questions.

We have a 176 PR visa and will be moving over to Oz later this year. As part of the sponsorship email that we got in the middle of 2010, it states the following:

1.You remain living and working in Western Australia for a period of two years after obtaining your visa;

2.You keep the Western Australian Government informed of your contact details after your arrival;

3.You complete a settlement survey every six months for a period of 24 months; and

4.You transfer around A$390000 into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements

1 & 2 are fine. I presume we contact them via email to let them know of our arrival and contact details?

3 - do they send you the survey to complete?

4 - I had originally estimated that we would be taking over about $390000, but since 2010 things have changed a bit and it now looks like we'll only have about $250000 to take. Do they check this and do I need to advise them that we will be taking less money? (still plenty to live on though..)

Hope you have some experience of this that you can share with me :wink:

Many thanks,

Zoe

3. I dont know anyone who has done this.

Can't comment from a 176 perspective but we came over on PR 175 and I received the paper questionnaire and one (maybe 2) follow up calls from DIAC but follow up certainly stopped before 24 months as far as I can remember.

and yep, they had no problems keeping up with address change without being notified for the reasons Goochie gives

Can't comment from a 176 perspective but we came over on PR 175 and I received the paper questionnaire and one (maybe 2) follow up calls from DIAC but follow up certainly stopped before 24 months as far as I can remember.

and yep, they had no problems keeping up with address change without being notified for the reasons Goochie gives

But a 175 meant you didn't have to stay in one State so why did they send you questionnaires ?

Not sure. Guess for some sort of statistical purposes.

From memory it was questions around how long had it taken to find work, was I still working for the same employer as the last time we had spoken etc.

I guess if they are issuing visas they want to gauge how successful their migration policies are.

I did come over on an occupation that was on the CSL (Critical Skills List) at the time so maybe that had something to do with their interest in me.

Archived