Visa Invite!!!

Vanduex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I submitted my 489 visa on 10th jan.

Did my medical yesterday, and today i found the following on my online apps

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

Does it mean that my medical is cleared?

Anyone else experience the same??

Thought I would jump on this thread too! I've only just submitted my EOI this morning after receiving my IELTS results. Hoping to get picked up in the next round.

Teacher Ben - think it would be a great idea to start a teacher thread! I'm looking to register in NSW.

Yes it's the 189 visa. I've got 75 points so really hoping I get picked up. I've got all my certificates looked out waiting to get certified and police form filled in.

How do I add info into the footer of my posts about IELTS results etc? I thought I'd already done it but it's not showing in my posts.

Yes it's the 189 visa. I've got 75 points so really hoping I get picked up. I've got all my certificates looked out waiting to get certified and police form filled in.

How do I add info into the footer of my posts about IELTS results etc? I thought I'd already done it but it's not showing in my posts.

Hi Bissy,

Go to 'settings' and then on the left pane select 'edit signature' and make sure you click 'save' afterwards

Good luck with the invite

Hi Bissy,

Go to 'settings' and then on the left pane select 'edit signature' and make sure you click 'save' afterwards

Good luck with the invite

Thanks! Think I've sorted my signature too.

Did I read somewhere that you're also Head of Business??

Hmmm a lot of potential job competition . . . . gonna have to re-work my CV :P

Fingers crossed AITSL speed up for you Tigerstripes. 8-10 weeks I guess.

Currently sitting waiting for a CO.

What subject do you teach? I'm currently Head of Business but I'll just be looking for general supply to start off with.....fancy a wee change from teaching for a bit so might try out something completely random!

Ha ha!! Maybe we're different subjects!! ;) I'm gonna set this thread up - question is where? Here or the employment forum?? Good luck with the CO Vanduex, good luck with AITSL tigerstripes, good luck Bissy with the invite, and good luck with the CO coolbreeze!! :)

Think the employment forum would make more sense as other teachers are more likely to look there I think.

Noticed there's a few teachers on this thread so thought I'd say hi even though we're still just waiting to hear from AITSL. I'm looking to register in NSW As well.

It took the full 10 weeks for me to hear back from AITSL. As long as you've sent off all the documents you should be fine. When registering for NSW you also have to obtain a "Statement of Eligibility" for accreditation to teach" which is basically all the same info you have sent to AITSL and fill in an online application.

I am curently doing the QLD teaching registration. Big online form and then you print off a copy and send the hard copy as well. Had to speak to Headteacher to get professional reference to send. I am an Asst Headteacher but my subject is in history. Fingers crossed I can maintain my career progression. All I can do is try.

Shazza I haven't done them yet. Agent was being a bit picky and I decided to just wait for the CO. However I have sent off for my PCC today because I need to for QCT. Should have all of that ready by the end of next week!

Do it Ben :)

Thanks! Think I've sorted my signature too.

Did I read somewhere that you're also Head of Business??

Yes, head of Business and ICT. I am also a deputy head of senior, but seeing as it is such a small senior school, this is something that will be left for the covering letter. I must ask, have you done must research into Business teaching in Oz. I am finding the number of jobs rather limited in SA. So, you're looking for NSW?

Yes, head of Business and ICT. I am also a deputy head of senior, but seeing as it is such a small senior school, this is something that will be left for the covering letter. I must ask, have you done must research into Business teaching in Oz. I am finding the number of jobs rather limited in SA. So, you're looking for NSW?

Yes looking at NSW but not really seeing much that is Business specific, or if it is the school also wants you to be able to teach another subject like History, Maths etc which I cant.

Happy days!! Now to settle in and wait for the CO :-)

I have been waiting 3.5 weeks. It drags!!!! :-p

I bet it does!

Need to send off for police check and book my medical now. Can I go ahead with my medical before I've been assigned a CO?

Also, do I pay for the visa straight away?

Archived