Roll up! Roll up! New to Sydney Jan 2014

Hi folks,

I've just moved to the Eastern suburbs of Sydney from London and I'm currently living with my sister until I find my own place (She's lived here for a few years with her husband).

I'm looking to build my own circle of friends in Sydney…which is easier said then done. I'm 25, I love coffee, food, film and catching up over a drink. Get in touch if your new in town (or old) and looking to get to know Sydney better with new friends. Hopefully we can get a group together to meet up for a beverage.

Ta x

Ahhhh welcome to Sydney! Where abouts do you want to find a place? And what type of visa are you on?

We are living in the UK at the moment doing a European stint until we return to Sydney early next year,

I lived in Randwick and then Cremorne thereafter, ( was in Aus for about 3 years) can't wait to get back next year!

Anywhere in the lower north shore is a great place to be, particularly Neutral Bay if you love Coffee and a good social life! ( and there is a lovely old theatre cinema in Cremorne for the films when you fancy it!) that's about 10 mins away

Would be interested to hear your story, hope you have an exciting time getting settled in! :-)

Guest guest73691

Hi Kelloggs welcome to Sydney! There is a meetup happening on Friday at the Local Taphouse in Darlinghurst at 7pm if you can make it. There are a few people going i think - it is being discussed on another thread which is called something like "girly catchup in Sydney".

Hi MsAKW/Baxtersinc

I'm here on a working holiday visa so I'm staying for roughly a year…but you never know. I'm probably looking to stay nearer the Eastern suburbs / the CBD so it's nearby to my sis and my new niece, but there's no harm checking out Neutral Bay.

I left my job back in London at Christmas - it was a big decision as I loved where I worked but I knew I'd regret not giving it a try. So now I'm on the job hunt, I worked in the media so hopefully I'll find something out here, but until then I'm not complaining about drinking coffee and walking along Coogee beach :)

I can't make the meet up on Friday but let me know if you arrange another and I'll be there with bells on - I'll take a look at the catchup thread now.

x

Archived