Approvals and entry dates

TheEscapePlan

Hi

Can anyone tell me how entry dates work? Do you get your entry date with your approval letter? Or, with your visa stamp? How soon after your stamp in put in your passport can you enter Australia? Is there much of a delay?

Don't now much about your visa category (I'm on a 175) we never bothered with a stamp on passport - all the info is held on the immigration system. I think some people like to just like to have the stamp as a momento.

When we validated our visa on our reccie last year I did feel the need to tell the man at customs I had a 175 visa & to check that by entering I was validating it though!

im going to be entering Australia on a working holiday visa whilst i wait for my 189 to be granted, will i need to leave Australia for a short while then re-enter to activate my 189?

If you are awaiting a decision on your 189 visa you are to inform your CO of you intentions of visiting Australia on said working holiday visa - it states this quite clearly in the guide produced by DIAC

Have a read through - it is there somewhere, i definitely remember reading it just the other day

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

Sorry, I was thinking from the perspective regarding whether it's an on-shore or off-shore visa. It's possible the visa will still come with an Initial Entry Date which you need to 'activate' by leaving and re-entering. If you come to Australia on a WHV, you should notify DIBP about this and to update your living address, so perhaps you can also ask your CO about the need to re-enter Australia for the 189.

Hi

Can anyone tell me how entry dates work? Do you get your entry date with your approval letter? Or, with your visa stamp? How soon after your stamp in put in your passport can you enter Australia? Is there much of a delay?

Visas are electronic these days so there will be no stamp. Unless you choose to pay for one and get it sorted yourself. You will be informed via email (or whatever your chosen form of communication iirc) with a visa grant notice and all the blurb about entry dates. Print it all off to carry with you.

You usually have a year from your medical or police check date, whichever was done first.

You can enter anytime after the grant up till the last entry date.

Agree with the others, notify your CO you intend to apply for a WHV etc and see what they say in reply before you go booking flights or applying for the WHV etc.

Archived