TRA - NVQ evidence

KazzE

Any one else trying to complete TRA for a 'trade' that does not quite fit the evidence required?

I am trying to match my childcare qualifications to TRA form, not easy

3.3 says verifiable evidence of completing a trade related course - NVQ 3 in childcare and education BUT it also says the evidence should describe the content of each subject, 14 units !

plus list tools and equipement - do they really want me to list toys, books, nappies etc

I have a file with all the standards for NVQ in along with signatures that someone else has seen evidence that I have completed each unit but this runs to about 200 pages - do I need to copy this and get each page signed?? or would the certificate that lists each unit be enough.

Any help or advice from anyone who has gone through this (or similar) very gratefully received

ta very much

Karen

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Karen

Which type of visa are you applying for?

What job description are you using off the Skilled Occupation List?

Best wishes

Phil Olsen

MARA 0637276

Hi Phil,

Skilled - State/Territory Nomination Independent (Class BN, Subclass 137) Visa. as a Childcare coordinator, this is a job I am doing over here and is very similar to a childcare scheme coordinator, I have nearly 5 years experience so I am hopefull that my skills will be assessed as suitable but they seem to want a lot of additional evidence on the qualifications.

the NVQ stuff runs to about 100-150 pages of criteria, range etc I have been quoted £100 for a solicitor to sign copies to say they are true copies of the originals

TRA form asks for 'verifiable independent evidence' so does that mean a solicitor? or just anyone who can verify and be contacted?

as well as evidence of the nature and content of each subject

In addition to this I have a teaching adults qualification that will also need evidence, I have yet to dig out the course content for this one but I seem to remember that it was about 25 pages for each stage, I did 2 stages

sigh..................................

what I do not understand is that I cannot be the first person to submit this type of qualification, surely they can see NVQ3 childcare and early years education, know that it is a UK qualification by City and Guilds who are a bonee fidee education thingy, so as long as the cert is verified they do not need all the other stuff???????????

bet ya sorry you asked now?????????? :D

a bit frazzled today lots of paperwork and stuff :roll:

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Karen

Please have a look at form 1121i on DIMA site and the assessing body for a Childcare coordinator. I believe you will find it is VETASSESS not TRA.

Please also let me know which State.

Hope that assists

Best wishes

Phil

Hi Phil

looking to move to Melbourne

was vetassess, it changed in July, the 6th I think

I had everything ready for vetassess and then it changed! vetassess said they would refund what I had paid (I had lodged online and was just about to send paperwork) but cannot see that they have so I know have to chase that up too

still calm, sorta :wink:

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Karen

I will check for you today, if you don't mind, becasue the bforms still says VETASSESS.

Best wishes

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jenny.morris

Hi Karen,

My partner Rob has just had his TRA app accepted. This was as a gasfitter, but depended on him proving his qualification at NVQ Level 2 in Domestic gas installation and maintenance.

We just gave the full name of the course and where he studied, and submitted certified copies of:

1. Letter from the place where he studied, confirming dates, training hours and the fact that he successfully got the NVQ

2. Letter from the employer who provided on-the-job training confirming dates, type of assignments covered, hours and salary

3. The NVQ certificates themselves (no other detail)

4. His CORGI registration card

5. Letters from previous and current employers confirming dates, type of work performed, hours and salary

We created and sent with it a document for each employer, giving detail of every single item used and the main tasks - it felt really silly repeating over and over that Rob used silicon paste, screwdrivers, ladders etc etc, but we thought if in doubt, put it in. I guess the same would apply to your app, though you could put things such as "toys to support development of numeracy" - no matter how silly you think it sounds, if those are the tools of your trade, then include them!

It took a while to create the supporting documents - we were really careful to ensure that what we put matched the official description of what an Australian gasfitter does and uses, using similar phrasing where possible. It's not so bad when you get in the swing of it - copy and paste whatever you can from the official description as long as it's the truth re what you do!

At least it stops you having to have 200 items certified!

Very best of luck,

Jenny xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Karen,

How did you get on with providing info re your NVQ (my wife also has the NVQ3 in childcare/early years etc which needs to be proven). Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards. :D:D

Hi Phil, no worries, hard to keep up with changes, yes I did see that it is now on modl - need to get my finger out and send off the darned TRA stuff

jhaigh - I have decided to send everything the evidence pages, signed by the assessors, the standards, certificates but not the actual folder of work done towards it as I think that the signed evidence sheets proove that I have covered the subject.

I have sent the standards because they need to be able to compare the qualification with something eqivalent over there

not sent yet - next week if it kills me!

Karen

Archived