How stupid am I?

Helz980

When we arrived our removalists told us of a family from South Africa who had moved to Esperance. They had a 40ft container crammed full, and when it arrived in Perth just told the removal company to turn it straight around as they didn't want to stay!

It's amazing how some people can be so decisive so quickly. Shortest time we took to make a decision was in Canada where we stayed a turbulent 9 months.

• 2 months later...

Well those boxes did arrive & it took me another month before I plucked up the courage to open them (deep down I thought if I didn't open them it meant I could go home) anyway I realised its all just 'stuff' & 'stuff'isnt important espesh when most of it was bloody smashed!!

My china box has pretty much nothing left!! All I need to do is claim on the insurance but tbh I wish I'd left it all in the uk!

Bummer!

It is just "stuff" though! I've never felt so liberated as when all I had in UK was what came in my backpack with me - I declutter regularly now because we are living in a very small space and it's great! As long as the people in your life are safe and healthy it's peachy! My mantra for a long time now has been "there's nothing that a passport and a credit card won't solve"! Sorry about the china but look upon the insurance as a bit of a windfall to do something nice for you and yours!

You're not the first, and at least it's only 5 boxes, people have turned whole containers back!

Was there not a guy who changed his mind in the taxi from Perth airport?

Technically his container was still in Southampton and perhaps the English Channel before he got back.

Archived