189 Visa invite

What is your occupation ID under the ANSCO?? If you are 2613 Software and Applications Programmers, They have capped the amount of invites they are making. There are only 800 odd invites available for that occupation.

Take a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ and see you occupation ceiling on the "reports" section.

Next invitation rounds are 13th and 27th of January 2014

Good luck, :biggrin:

....we're still waiting for our invite, (190) placed end of October 2013!! beginning to wonder......hopeful for the next round:eek:

If you have a state sponsor you should be invited already? This is usually done very quickly after the state has agreed to sponsor you??

If you have a state sponsor you should be invited already? This is usually done very quickly after the state has agreed to sponsor you??

Our EoI (SA) was submitted end of October. OH has done all the ELTS and passed Skills Assessment. A little frustrated as I thought we would have had the invite back by now.

We sent an email to the agent and this was her reply on the 18th Dec.

Thank you for your email.

Delays can occur for a number of reasons. Processing times do slow down a little during busy periods and especially during the holiday season.

Further an invite is dependent on the type of visa applied for. You will not receive an invite until your state sponsorship application has been approved. We are still awaiting feedback from South Australia. Once they have approved your application you will be invited to apply for a subclass 190 visa.

Kind regards,

Confused, I am.

Our EoI (SA) was submitted end of October. OH has done all the ELTS and passed Skills Assessment. A little frustrated as I thought we would have had the invite back by now.

Delays can occur for a number of reasons. Processing times do slow down a little during busy periods and especially during the holiday season.

Further an invite is dependent on the type of visa applied for. You will not receive an invite until your state sponsorship application has been approved. We are still awaiting feedback from South Australia. Once they have approved your application you will be invited to apply for a subclass 190 visa.

Kind regards,

Confused, I am.

Kind regards,

Confused, I am.

I understand. I thought you had already had you state sponsorship from SA. As the feedback from you agent says, you have not yet received that. Fingers crossed SA move a bit quicker for you and you can get your invite.

I would say, after 10 weeks of waiting, you are in your right to send an email, or other form of enquiry, to see what's going on?

What is your occupation ID under the ANSCO?? If you are 2613 Software and Applications Programmers, They have capped the amount of invites they are making. There are only 800 odd invites available for that occupation.

Take a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ and see you occupation ceiling on the "reports" section.

Next invitation rounds are 13th and 27th of January 2014

Hi Coolbreeze, Is 2613 and 261313 are the same? I did my assessment from ACS for 261313.

Hi Coolbreeze, Is 2613 and 261313 are the same? I did my assessment from ACS for 261313.

Yes your 261313 falls within the unit group of 2613. This means the amount invites per invitation round has been capped. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you'll get one soon...keep us posted

hi i also want to apply for skilled independent visa,but i am confused which category should i have to apply either 189 or 190.some of agents are saying 190 is good and some of them are sayig 189 is good.please guide me for the same.i have 3.4 years of experience in IT indusrty as software engineer.

hi i also want to apply for skilled independent visa,but i am confused which category should i have to apply either 189 or 190.some of agents are saying 190 is good and some of them are sayig 189 is good.please guide me for the same.i have 3.4 years of experience in IT indusrty as software engineer.

The 190 subclass is for those who are wishing to enter Australia under a state sponsorship. This means you would need to apply to a state, if they are happy to sponsor you, you would get 5 extra points on your EOI. This is the visa recommended for those who may not reach the 60 point minimum

Obviously, more points = higher chance of being invited. I have always been recommended to go for the 189 visa subclass if you have the 60+ points without needing sponsorship as this will save you the hassle of applying to an individual state as well.

I understand. I thought you had already had you state sponsorship from SA. As the feedback from you agent says, you have not yet received that. Fingers crossed SA move a bit quicker for you and you can get your invite.

I would say, after 10 weeks of waiting, you are in your right to send an email, or other form of enquiry, to see what's going on?

It could be my understanding of the whole process. OH has been dealing with the process, now I need to chase it. 10 weeks is too long IMHO. Am spending the next few days, checking our details and process to ensure we are on track.

:biggrin:

Thanks for quick reply.can you please tell me if i have 3.4 years of experience will i get 5 points for my experience under 189 visa category,and if i get maximum 60 points so in that case what are my chances for getting visa under this.Thanks in advance.

Edited by gurpreetaus

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys !

I have submitted an EOI (189 visa) for Electronics Engineers (ANZCO code 233411) with 60 points on 19th Feb 2014. I noticed from the reports tab in skillselect that this occupation has reached it's ceiling limit and the invitations are being issued in a pro-rata basis.

Is there anyone with 60 points whose occupation has reached the ceiling limit and have still received an invitation ? I would really appreciate any response in this matter.

Is there any possibility to receive an invitation in the next couple of invitation rounds given my situation ?

Thank you !

• 2 months later...

Well whoever apply PR, just make sure you upload all your documents, before case officer is assigned, just to speed up the process. :jiggy:

ACS assessment :19 Dec 2013. ACS approved 8 Feb 2014... IELTS - 11 Jan 2014.Band - 7.5,7,7,7 EOI points - 60 (189 visa).. EOI Submitted on 10 Feb 2014. Visa invite - 26-02-2014...... Visa Lodged : 28 Feb 2014. CO & Visa Grant (same day) : 8/04/2014