Medical costs in UK?

A4Ron

Hi there, does anyone have up to date costs for the medicals?

I am Scotland so the nearest place is in Edinburgh. I am willing to travel if it saves costs, I am planning a trip to London anyway so if there is a big difference I would do it there.

It is for myself, my wife and 2 kids aged 9 and 7.

Thanks!

Manchester is prob the cheapest there is - but if you factor in travelling time, poss staying over night as medicals take some time to complete your prob not saving much for the extra time and hassle.

Not sure of prices now at shawfair park in edin but we were £ 290 for adult and £95 for child.

sorry , also do you need to get copy of your gp stuff for medicals or diac , or do diac base tgeir decision simply on this medical?

Depends on if you have a medical condition. Before OH's appointment he was told to bring a brief medical history. I had pointed out his medical condition too. Medical was £270 (in London), but had to pay an extra £25/30 (can't remember which!) for a urine analysis! Plus a full medical history was required from his GP. Our practice charges £25 for 'private letters' but we're yet to receive that bill, 3 months later...maybe they took pity on us!

sorry , also do you need to get copy of your gp stuff for medicals or diac , or do diac base tgeir decision simply on this medical?

I took all my consultant notes etc for my medical condition to my medical and handed them over to the panel doc who sifted through them and took what he felt was relevant and scanned them into the system. My medical was referred but I was never then asked to provide more info and it was cleared and visa was granted without issue.

If you have an ongoing condition or have had a serious medical issue in the past it is worth taking the paperwork with you to medical. And also a letter from Doc or some such if it's ongoing. If you are just meaning the usual GP visits for the odd bug or illness then no, you don't need that. You will be asked to give full details of medical history in person. They have a screen full of questions they run through and ask.

Also I'd go with the medical centre nearest you. There may be a small saving going elsewhere but it can be hours sat around if there are more than one or two of you and could mean having to stay overnight somewhere or drive hours with young kids. I'd cough up the dosh for the nearest place and be done.