457 intra-company transfer

Graham Case

I've just gone through this. In fact I'm in the airport waiting to leave.

from speaking to the agent I used it made n difference that it was a transfer and it took 11 weeks I think.

good luck with it

Hi kez good luck I lodged my application last week my company just need to nominate me now and they will do this when they get back after the holidays.

You can't lodge the application without the nomination being lodged first, are you sure they haven't nominated you already?

Hi Graham,

I'm in the same boat as you it would seem, transferring from our UK office to the Melbourne office.

Just to give you an idea of my timeline so far:

Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) - Application lodged 13 November 2013, Approval: 12 December 2013

Nomination and employee application both lodged on 21 November 2013 - waiting for information.

My MA told me the SBS would take 6-8 weeks but it was approved in about a month so that's a good start. Obviously the immigration department shut-down over the Christmas period will have added in a bit of a delay but we're hopeful for some good news sometime this month. I don't have the trx number from my MA to be able to track the application online, which is a little frustrating but probably saving me from developing an unhealthy "screen refresh" habit. I have asked for it though as I'm not even sure whether a CO has been appointed for my application yet and it would be good to know if someone's looking at it!

Best of luck with your application, the waiting game is hard but it'll be worth it in the end!

Amy

Hey,

Just a quick update - had an email from my MA this morning to say the Nomination has been approved (submitted on 21st Nov but wouldn't have been looked at until after the SBS was approved on 12th Dec). Hopefully that means I have CO looking at my application now and I'll get the visa grant relatively soon. Hopefully also means yours won't be too far behind! :)

Hey,

Just a quick update - had an email from my MA this morning to say the Nomination has been approved (submitted on 21st Nov but wouldn't have been looked at until after the SBS was approved on 12th Dec). Hopefully that means I have CO looking at my application now and I'll get the visa grant relatively soon. Hopefully also means yours won't be too far behind! :)

Hi Amy

thats fairly quick then considering the Xmas break. Our MA (companys) still on Xmas leave till Monday do nothing moving for us but we've decided to get police checks done and sent off this week and also preparing all the documents. When you planning to move? We hope to be in Melbs for March.

Kez

Hi Amy

thats fairly quick then considering the Xmas break. Our MA (companys) still on Xmas leave till Monday do nothing moving for us but we've decided to get police checks done and sent off this week and also preparing all the documents. When you planning to move? We hope to be in Melbs for March.

Kez

Hi Kez,

Yeah, not too bad, just hope there's nothing in my application that holds things up now! I was advised by my MA that I wouldn't need police checks and probably wouldn't need a medical so hopefully they're right!

At least you know the wheels are turning at immigration even if your MA is still on leave - you may get some good news when your MA gets back online. :-)

I've been covering the workload in Asia Pacific from the UK since September so aim is to move as quickly as possible once the visa's through as trying to cover Australia and Singapore plus the UK at the same time means not a lot of time for sleeping! Think the relocation company are looking at first week or two of Feb for the move if all goes to plan.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going and maybe we can meet up for a celebratory drink in March! :-)

Hi Kez,

Yeah, not too bad, just hope there's nothing in my application that holds things up now! I was advised by my MA that I wouldn't need police checks and probably wouldn't need a medical so hopefully they're right!

At least you know the wheels are turning at immigration even if your MA is still on leave - you may get some good news when your MA gets back online. :-)

I've been covering the workload in Asia Pacific from the UK since September so aim is to move as quickly as possible once the visa's through as trying to cover Australia and Singapore plus the UK at the same time means not a lot of time for sleeping! Think the relocation company are looking at first week or two of Feb for the move if all goes to plan.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going and maybe we can meet up for a celebratory drink in March! :-)

Hi Amy, thanks for the info, I'd heard we may not need medicals but thought everyone needed police checks? I'm not sure if our MA has even nominated yet as the HR contact at my BF company is also on leave till Monday! What's your occupation? Did you submit your cv?

Do you know where in Melbs you want to live? We've been looking at Brunswick, Richmond, fitzroy and St Kilda.

Be great to catch up out there for a celebratory beer!

Kez

Hi Amy, thanks for the info, I'd heard we may not need medicals but thought everyone needed police checks? I'm not sure if our MA has even nominated yet as the HR contact at my BF company is also on leave till Monday! What's your occupation? Did you submit your cv?

Do you know where in Melbs you want to live? We've been looking at Brunswick, Richmond, fitzroy and St Kilda.

Be great to catch up out there for a celebratory beer!

Kez

Mornin!

Turns out I do need a medical - request came through this morning. It's probably because I declared a pre-existing condition but my consultant's already on top of getting a "it's not that bad, don't worry" letter sorted so hopefully it won't cause any problems. I've not been asked for a police check, wonder if it depends on the occupation?

My occupation is legal officer (I'm an in-house legal advisor but not practicing as a solicitor). I submitted my CV to my agent and they did the rest, assume they sent it with the application though.

Still debating on the location front, my office is in the CBD and I don't plan on getting a car for a while so somewhere central with good transport is my main requirement. I like the look of Richmond/South Yarra and St Kilda, also considering Docklands/Port Melbourne. I have friends in Thornbury and Elsternwick so being in the middle seems like a good plan! I'm lucky that I get a property agent (my very own Kirsty and/or Phil) to take me around to viewings and give me advice on areas as part of my relocation package so hopefully they'll help me find somewhere nice. Will take a bit of exploring to decide where I'd fit in best I guess.

Celebratory beer sounds like an excellent plan. :-)

Don't worry about your nomination, I'm sure you'll get some good news once everyone's back from leave. You might even get your visa before me if the medicals slow me down! :-(

The good news is they seem to be processing things pretty quickly at the moment. Fingers and toes crossed!!!!

Hi

Ive not looked at Docklands or Port Melbourne, Prahran looks cool too. I htink we are going to buy a car as soon as we get there, will hire one for a couple of weeks to explore a bit though. Youre lukcy you get a relocation package we dont get anything but to be honest Im just chuffed we are going!

Ill keep you updated on progress, let hope its not too long for us all!

Archived