Keep changing my mind

thekeans

Hi,

The last few weeks I have been feeling so odd, one minute I want to get it all underway and then some days I'm just not sure its the right thing to do.

Basically we just want to fulfill a life time ambition and live in OZ thats our reasons for going, we can not rest until we do it. For years we have come back to it.

Obviously we are hoping for a better life too, otherwise why go to all of the trouble and expense of it all. My husband wants an outside life style, less TV for the kids more sunshine, BBQS, etc etc.

I just want my children to grow up happy and safe, be it in OZ or the UK.

Staying we will always ask ourselves' what if'

Going we will miss family, the children will not see their grandparents, I may not be able to watch my sisters get married or have babies.

My daughter (3) has a fantastic relationship with my inlaws and their mad dog who she has known since they were both babies, are we selfish dragging her away from them to fulfill our dream??!!

My son is a baby and will not know them really.

Stupid things run through my head like the fact that my son will not get to go to my daughters fantastic pre school.

It is such a big decision to make, I change my mind everyday and we have not even started the process yet- still saving.

Then I also read posts about how bad it is for some people and that makes me even more confused.

I just want to know if other people have felt like me and if you did make it and how it is for you.

Thanks

Guest Nina 33

Hi Clare,

I really understand what you are going through, as I was the same - shall we? or not? everyday I would be excited then when it came to making that first call to agents I bottled out. We finally took the blunge last year and only 6 weeks away from getting our visas big changes happened. My husband now has obtained an Australian qualification and we are now going for it. We have so many friends out there and they all "Get you and the kids out here, it's amazing and the kids can finally be children". So fingers crossed for us we will be going.

Clare if you are like us, sick to death of your home land (U.K) and all it's changes, well then go for a change youself, life is too short, we only live once and our children are only children for such a short time. If you hate it, well come back, but if what all our friends are saying is true, we feel it's worth trying and the money. I'm sure we will love it.

Best of luck honey to you all, be brave and go for it.

Guest Nina 33

Hi Again,

Take your time, no one can rush such a big change of life style and plus the big expense you will be faced with. But in the end your head and heart will make the correct choice for you.

Good luck. :v_SPIN:

Guest Clare Pickersgill
Hi,

The last few weeks I have been feeling so odd, one minute I want to get it all underway and then some days I'm just not sure its the right thing to do.

Basically we just want to fulfill a life time ambition and live in OZ thats our reasons for going, we can not rest until we do it. For years we have come back to it.

Obviously we are hoping for a better life too, otherwise why go to all of the trouble and expense of it all. My husband wants an outside life style, less TV for the kids more sunshine, BBQS, etc etc.

Going we will miss family, the children will not see their grandparents, I may not be able to watch my sisters get married or have babies.

My daughter (3) has a fantastic relationship with my inlaws and their mad dog who she has known since they were both babies, are we selfish dragging her away from them to fulfill our dream??!!

Stupid things run through my head like the fact that my son will not get to go to my daughters fantastic pre school.

It is such a big decision to make, I change my mind everyday and we have not even started the process yet- still saving.

Then I also read posts about how bad it is for some people and that makes me even more confused.

I just want to know if other people have felt like me and if you did make it and how it is for you.

Thanks

Hi I know just how u r feeling!!!!!!!!!

We stated seriously looking into the move in Dec 07 after bout 5 years of umming and arrring. Now its March, my husband has a job out in Brisbane and is applying for his 457!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God!!!!!!! I am sitting typing this in tears! dont really no why? its a mixture of elation, fear, worry and just down right panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are leaving and I still have not decided if I really am ready! All I no is that if I dont go I will regret it for the rest of my life even if its not for me long term. Iam not wearing rose tinted glasses, I do not expect it to be easy all I want is a happy life for me, my hubby and most of all my kids and at the moment I do not see my future in the UK, so I will stop crying like a baby, put Men at Work on my I pod and start getting the house tidied for the estate agents to come and value itcos by the look of it I aint got long!!!!!!!!!!

All the best in whatever u decide

Clare x

Guest Nina 33

Gosh! All us girls really stick together, as they say - we can walk into a party know no-one and in 5 mins we have made a handfull of friends.

Wishing you all the best with your move we hope to be soon behind you also going to Brisbane with Clare no far behind us.

Your doing the right thing, just look at the news and people in the U.K now. xxxx

Hi Clare ( good name!)

I almost wish that that would happen to my OH, at least then he would have a job to go to which is one of the worries if we go down the skilled migration route, will he be able to get a job easily once we arrive?!

I guess you have the decision taken out of your hands almost.

What does your OH do?

How did he find sponsorship so quickly?

Guest Clare Pickersgill
Hi Clare ( good name!)

I almost wish that that would happen to my OH, at least then he would have a job to go to which is one of the worries if we go down the skilled migration route, will he be able to get a job easily once we arrive?!

I guess you have the decision taken out of your hands almost.

What does your OH do?

How did he find sponsorship so quickly?

Hi Clare (spelt the good way as well!!!)

My OH is a civil engineer by trade but running a piling company in the uk at the mo and not sure exactly wot he wants to do wen over there! Got offer and sponsorship in civils and got another interview in Manchester tomorrow for a piling company who have told him offer will be in from them as well. Both companys offering sponsorship via 457 and full expenses paid for visa ect, thought this was best root as quick and relatively easy!!!!!!! (im very niave) Got the jobs ourselves as my OH is a tight pig and does not believe in spending money on things he can do himself! just logged onto job sights and applied, then got e mail from bloke named Jamie who works for a job recruting site in Oz and he has done all leg work for us!!! Seems to easy and still waiting for catch as money they are offering well exceeds all our expectations!!!! Been told by the aussies at interviews that they are short of experienced people so guess its ok. Things moving really fast now though and OH thinks its great but im doing the panacking for all of us!!!!!!!!!!

Hope been a bit helpfull (sorry to whittle on but finding it fab to talk to people in same boat as all friends here think its easy, fun, glamorous and nothing to worry bout!!!!!!!! yeah like they would dare move to other side of world, most of them dont know where the A1 ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Clare 36, OH Jason 36, Erin-Jane 15, Aaron-Lewis 8 and 2 dogs!

X X X

Guest Clare Pickersgill
Gosh! All us girls really stick together, as they say - we can walk into a party know no-one and in 5 mins we have made a handfull of friends.

Wishing you all the best with your move we hope to be soon behind you also going to Brisbane with Clare no far behind us.

Your doing the right thing, just look at the news and people in the U.K now. xxxx

Hi

Have u noticed that it is all us girls doin the talkiing, worrying and everything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleased to hear lots off to Brissy!!!!!!!! Seems a good decision after all, we can set up our own social club there at this rate!!!!!!!!!

Clare P x

Guest Nina 33

Hi Again Clare,

Yes, it is all us females doing all the research, house hunting, school info, areas life styles etc, but that is what we're good at. WE just all get on with it.

The more people you talk to about moving, it will push you more and more to do it. Like you, we thought about it for over 5 years, but we are on the slow wagon to a better life for us all, and if it works great and if not - well we tried.

Giving up a very successful bussiness, a large group of friends and a good lifestyle, we have had enough of this country and what a more relaxed and fun one with little pressure of the cost of living etc.

Oh well! will keep in contact to see how your doing and if you need anymore feed back you won't need to go far for positive stuff.

Come on, all the nice people are going I refuse to be left behind with the ..... you know what i mean.

Guest Clare Pickersgill
Hi Again Clare,

Yes, it is all us females doing all the research, house hunting, school info, areas life styles etc, but that is what we're good at. WE just all get on with it.

The more people you talk to about moving, it will push you more and more to do it. Like you, we thought about it for over 5 years, but we are on the slow wagon to a better life for us all, and if it works great and if not - well we tried.

Giving up a very successful bussiness, a large group of friends and a good lifestyle, we have had enough of this country and what a more relaxed and fun one with little pressure of the cost of living etc.

Oh well! will keep in contact to see how your doing and if you need anymore feed back you won't need to go far for positive stuff.

Come on, all the nice people are going I refuse to be left behind with the ..... you know what i mean.

Hi again again ha ha

I know exactly wot u mean and i have had enough too, im not expecting paradise, riches or anything similar all I want is an end to the rat race and a future for my family!!!!!! We are still young (honest) and have achieved all we can here, nice house, good incomes, lovely friends ect but feel that this country wont leave us be! life costs too much, kids grow up, we want to sit back and enjoy ourselves before we get old, tired and our kids leave home and we wonder wot happened!!!!!!!!! We hope and believe we can have that in Oz and by the looks of it so does everyone else!

We may not all be rich out there but I bet we will all have mega big smiles on our faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and speak soon

Clare x

Guest Les & Woz
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Clare

Yes, I know how you feel. It is a BIG decision to make but there must be a reason you are even considering it in the first place - have you forgotten what it was?

Your kids can have a fantastic life as can you and hubby and if you really think it's not the right choice when you get there you are allowed out!!!!

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Les :swoon:

Guest misschief
Hi,

Thanks

Hi there - i have had reservations about taking my kids away from family, friends and schools too. However i know that they will make new friends easily, they have great schools in Oz and all of my family from my 80 year old grandparents, both our sets of parents and our siblings have told us it is the right thing to do. They have all bought PC's and Webcams and installed skype - which we use now so the kids are familiar with it! All our family (that are able) have promised to visit us.

And my Dad bless him said - well if we get ill or die, it will happen no matter where in the world you are. Don't live with regrets - just LIVE! So that made me say - hang it lets go. And now i can't wait :)

Guest Nina 33

WELL WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING, WE ALL SEEM THE SAME AGES MID 30'S AND WE ALL HAVE HUBBIES AND CHILDREN. LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT IT WITH :sad: FACES AND LET US ALL PUT BIG :smile: BACK ON OUR FACES AND JOIN THE REST WHO HAVE DONE IT. ENGLAND HAS CHANGED SO MUCH AND I THINK WE ALL THINK THE SAME. CLARE YOU HAVE STARTED THIS CHAT AND WE ALL THANK YOU FOR IT.

COME ON GIRLS LETS TAKE CONTROL AND GO FOR IT, I HAVE STARTED AND NOW I AM DETERMINED TO SEE IT TO THE END AND START OUR NEW HAPPY, RELAXING, LAID BACK LIFE IN OZ.

Guest Clare Pickersgill

The way things are going girls I could be the first out there so I will fire up the barby, chill the wine (or gin if preffered), set out the sun beds and wait for u all to knock on my door!!!!!!!!!

This is just the encouragment I needed THANKYOU all so much

Clare X

Guest misschief

Oh Great Clare, thats good of you - do you need a towel for my lounger or will we all have nametags:biglaugh:!!!

I have to say i am SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED about the whole thing!!:jiggy:

Guest Clare Pickersgill

I think I will embroider names on the towels by hand on the flight over, I will have plenty of time ha ha

Pleased to see someone as exited as me, where u heading?

Clare x

Guest Shaz"n"Mart

Hi Clare,i know exactly how you are feeling ,as i feel the same.I only wish that we were as young as you and our children were still as young as yours,because i partly worry that my eldest daughter(14) might hate me for taking her away from her friends.But i feel confused everyday.One day i think" yeah lets go for it you only live once etc,"then another day i think can we really up and leave to move to the other side of the world,but then i watch the news or read the paper and feel depressed by the state of the uk.My husband i are always working just to keep our heads above water,i have to constantly tell my children we cant afford things, as we have such a massive mortgage, but dont get me wrong i dont think Oz would be like waving a magic wand,i think it would be really hard at first,but all i keep thinking is so many people go and have such a great life,so there has to be something better out there doesnt there?? l like you i feel positive one minute and negative the next,i look at other people who seem really happy and think why do i have this constant urge to fulfill this dream,when they are quite happy to live out their days in the uk,and everyday i think we have to do this or we will never know if it was the right thing to do or not!! I do think that things do work themselves out in the end,but if i were you with children as young as they are i would just go for it, you have age on your side(Im really only 40,i know its not that old,but its more the children that i worry about) take care Clare i hope you have lots of positive days!!

Guest Nina 33
The way things are going girls I could be the first out there so I will fire up the barby, chill the wine (or gin if preffered), set out the sun beds and wait for u all to knock on my door!!!!!!!!!

This is just the encouragment I needed THANKYOU all so much

Clare X

I think your going to need a big house and large barbi, as it looks like there are going to be alot of us coming.

It's so funny how we all feel the same, it would be so good if we did all finally get together and chat about- remember when..... but this time we are all in Oz.

Best of luck to you and your family honey, enjoy it,

Guest Nina 33

Hi Clare,

I hope that all this positive feedback has really helped you, as we all sound like really cool chicks who want to be happy.

Take the next step when your ready, but don't leave it too long (I mean years) as they will close the doors once they have enough.

thank you for starting such a positve link.

Thank you all so much for your replies, especially Shaz and Matt you have made me realise that going now while they are younger is much better than when they are teenagers. We just need to get the money together now to make it happen.

Guest misschief
I think I will embroider names on the towels by hand on the flight over, I will have plenty of time ha ha

Pleased to see someone as exited as me, where u heading?

Clare x

Were headed to "anywhere in Queensland" as it is job sponsored!!!! I am soooo looking forward to being warm LOL.

Hi There

I So Know What You Talking About. My Oh Got Good Job Kids Settled In Good Schools I Am Now In Position To Return To Work And Have Good Family And Friends Around , So Yes Why Are We Doing It. We Are All Going For Our Medicals Tomorrow But Still I Think Am I Doing The Right Thing!!!!!!!!! What If The Schools Are Not As Good And The Outdoor Life Is Not There Or We Cant Afford It!!!! I Am Going Round In Circles Please Help

Hi There

I So Know What You Talking About. My Oh Got Good Job Kids Settled In Good Schools I Am Now In Position To Return To Work And Have Good Family And Friends Around , So Yes Why Are We Doing It. We Are All Going For Our Medicals Tomorrow But Still I Think Am I Doing The Right Thing!!!!!!!!! What If The Schools Are Not As Good And The Outdoor Life Is Not There Or We Cant Afford It!!!! I Am Going Round In Circles Please Help

Archived