YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. We got our acknowledgement.

Guest claire&fred

Guest claire&fred

As the title says, we got our acknowledgement today. I have been so desperate to get home and post this. I wanted to shout it out in the playground at school but no-one would have know what the hell I was talking about, but you all do.

We are so excited. We did our meds back on 29 February and Dr was holding them until we got our file no. Now he has he is going to write it on forms and send them off.

What a fabulous day. Love you all!

Claire:jiggy:

As the title says, we got our acknowledgement today. I have been so desperate to get home and post this. I wanted to shout it out in the playground at school but no-one would have know what the hell I was talking about, but you all do.

We are so excited. We did our meds back on 29 February and Dr was holding them until we got our file no. Now he has he is going to write it on forms and send them off.

hi claire

so glad to see this post iv been checking everytime i come on congratulations

mel

excellent guys - hope our case officers pull their finger out! my "for sale" went up yesterday -- felt quite sick actually. need to get things moving now - keep in touch xxx

Guest jogrant3232

At last, jump to the next queue, wait after wait after wait after wait need i go on, no many more waits now i hope.

Guest Les & Woz

Claire

Hi Claire

Good news you sound like us and it's only an ack. What we gonna be like when we get the visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goofy::chatterbox::biglaugh::jiggy:

Guest Les & Woz
At last, jump to the next queue, wait after wait after wait after wait need i go on, no many more waits now i hope.

Hi Guys

Not long now for you lot - can't wait to see your post when you get the VISA !!

:biglaugh::yes::chatterbox::v_SPIN:

Guest claire&fred

Hi

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I went up to London for the day today and was walking on air (well when I wasnt sitting eating). Stupid really as this is only the acknowledgement and still have a long wait ahead. Just nice to get over the next step. Landlord says we can have another 6 months and can pay a month at a time and give a months notice when we want to go, and that was a weight lifted.

Goodluck to those of you still waiting.

Claire

Guest Les & Woz

Hi Claire

We are just slightly behind you. We had meds done this Wed so they are not in Oz yet. We are hoping to get visa by July but are planning on putting the house on the market by April/May as not sure what the situation will be with regard to selling. Some people seem to be lucky and sell fast others waiting over 9 months! We are in Kent so hope it shouldn't be too long.

Good luck with the meds.

Les

Guest claire&fred
Hi Claire

We are just slightly behind you. We had meds done this Wed so they are not in Oz yet. We are hoping to get visa by July but are planning on putting the house on the market by April/May as not sure what the situation will be with regard to selling. Some people seem to be lucky and sell fast others waiting over 9 months! We are in Kent so hope it shouldn't be too long.

Good luck with the meds.

Les

Hi Les

We sold are house much too quickly. Before we were aware of the backlogs and the possibility of having our Visa Jan/Feb we put ours on the market in September. We put it on for higher than it was worth and expected to wait at least 6 months before we sold it. We had 2 viewers and the second ones offered. First of all £5000 under asking price but I said no way it had only been on 2 days. So they offered full asking. Which was great. Then we became aware of the huge backlogs. We were supposed to be receipted within 4/6 weeks of Visa being lodged but it was over 3 months. We moved into rented end of November, where our contract ends in May but landlord has said we can have another 6 months and pay month at a time and give a months notice, which is great, but unfortunately it is money wasted. I do have a fear that we might not get our Visa because of something or another and then we will really be buggered. Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Claire

Guest wardy

claire so sorry I missed this thread, congratulations i am really pleased fro you all :jiggy:

I think it was a good idea to sell the house they say things are going to be worse next year i only wish we sold ours last year may have got a bit more.

But i'm not complaining.

good luck with getting your CO

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi Claire

Sorry, also missed this first time around - CONGRATULATIONS :wubclub: Hope things move a bit quicker now and the visa is soon in your hands!!

GOOD LUCK :yes:

:smile:

Hi Claire

Congratulations. Hopefully you won't need to wait too long for the next piece of news.

We're still waiting for our full acknowledgement but I am sure it will be next week (fingers crossed).

Well done.

Caroline

Guest Les & Woz
Hi Les

We sold are house much too quickly. Before we were aware of the backlogs and the possibility of having our Visa Jan/Feb we put ours on the market in September. We put it on for higher than it was worth and expected to wait at least 6 months before we sold it. We had 2 viewers and the second ones offered. First of all £5000 under asking price but I said no way it had only been on 2 days. So they offered full asking. Which was great. Then we became aware of the huge backlogs. We were supposed to be receipted within 4/6 weeks of Visa being lodged but it was over 3 months. We moved into rented end of November, where our contract ends in May but landlord has said we can have another 6 months and pay month at a time and give a months notice, which is great, but unfortunately it is money wasted. I do have a fear that we might not get our Visa because of something or another and then we will really be buggered. Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Claire

Hi Claire

We are in Walderslade, Chatham in Kent. We were hoping to sell our house and go into rented like yourselves so that we would be in a position to go whenever we were ready. Although the rent money is money wasted at least you're not stuck trying to sell the house like a lot of people on here seem to be. One family have even decided to give up emigrating because they can't sell!

However, like you there is always that fear that something will go wrong and the visa won't be granted. Then yes, we will definitely be buggered. We want to move regardless anyway so what will be will be. We had meds done on 19 March so they probably aren't even there yet. We are hoping to get visa by July.

Hope you hear soon and wish you all the best.

Les :v_SPIN:

Guest claire&fred

Thanks again to all of you for your kind replies.

We know we have a long wait for a CO now. At least our meds and police checks have been sent. I think the rough ride will be when we get a CO, but we will have to take it as it comes.

Goodluck to all of you and for those of you still waiting ack. I think this will will be the week.

Claire

Archived