Enfield Adelaide ???

Mxmanus

Enfield is not what I would call a really nice suburb.Go on Google Earth and have a virtual drive around.It is close to the city with good public transport to the city centre.The suburb itself has a huge housing trust estate (council housing).Do you mind me asking why Enfield?I think it would be ok on a temp basis,but there are tbh far more nicer places to live.

Sorry Melza, I don't agree. I lived in North Adelaide for 37 years. I would pop up to the shopping centre at Enfield 2-3 miles away weekly, to do my shopping.

I am completely unaware of any public housing estate there (I have worked for that department), because PH in Australia is generally not in 'housing estates', it is mixed into the community. Are you thinking of Elizabeth where there are many PH homes?

Enfield is a good mid range suburb. It has leafy streets, and two good shopping centres with several food outlets. It is an easy run in to the City, both by bus and car.

It has no greater or lesser crime problems than anywhere else.

Good luck Mxmanus!

Really?I agree Nth Adelaide is a nice place,but Enfield?My ex outlaws live there and imho its not a place I'd like to live.

There's the thing you see; here was I living in Doctor/Lawyer territory, but have no problem going to darkest Enfield to shop! (Our one N/A supermarket was voted the most expensive one in SA in 2006. Lovely place, oak panelled floors, and a wonderful cheeses selling from $60 to 160 a kilo! Owned by a albeit nice family who own 18 others. They are needless to say; millionaires)

So I went to Enfield.

It's all relative isn't it? I would hate to live in Elizabeth/Smithfield (North Mxmanus), or Hackham/Christies (South). But so very many who live there are good people who love their suburb, yet who are consistently subjected to having the area disparaged.

I agree Mxmanus should G/Earth. It will show some pleasant streets, adjacent to Main North Road which is a direct run through N/A and into the City. About half a mile going South is the Nailsworth Library. It has an art gallery as well as books, and a reading room with all the latest newspapers and mags.

Given its location/shopping centres (one either side of MN Rd-and another one just adjacent to those,-and good access to the City-it is not a bad choice for living.

Perhaps I should add-I had no connection with any Council or promotional body.

I just know Enfield well.

I was thinking maybe Elizabeth (Little England) had been cleaned up since I lived close by (RAAF Edinburgh) for two periods in the 70's, but it doesn't sound like it. The crime capital of Australia back then, surely it can't be as bad today?