Questions Regarding Medicals

CowlingAFC

Hi folks.

I just received my first correspondance back today from my case officer, and have been asked to provide a few documents.

At this present time I havent yet got my medical. is this now the right time for me to do this? I am currently in Australia, but I believe this is possble to do from here?

Also I have now noticed that when I attend my medical, i should bring documents from my own GP back in the UK of medical history? Is this needed? I haven't got such proof, and Im not sure if I could obtain it whilst i'm here in Oz?

Also can anyone shed some light as to what the medical conisists of please? Skin, body, blood tests? Blood tests for...? Alcohol? Drugs?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

We had ours in the UK, pretty straight foreword, blood test (HIV and stuff i think) blood pressure, then a load of health questions family history of deseases that sort of stuff, then just bend over tuch your toes, kinda like a medical for forces or emergancy services really.

Very straight foreword stuff.

I seen you could start the medical online first, and then finalising it in person. Is this correct? Could anyone direct me to a link in where to get started for the visa?

It says though, that this way of dstarting the medical can only be done BFORE you start the application?

I recently had a medical for 309/100 visa (de facto) and was given details on which medical to do and when to book it, in the first letter (and only letter so far) from my CO.

I did a simple eye test (read the small letters), had my weight and height measured, blood taken for HIV test, blood pressure taken, eyes and ears looked into with torch, reflexes tested, my chest/back (lungs I guess) listened to and a chest x-ray. Plus some misc. prodding! They also asked questions about medical history (any illnesses, surgery, time in hospital, medication, mental health etc). Probably took about 45 mins in total.

We had ours in uk, I think the wife and I had a full medical as we had to have a chest x-ray, I waited until they asked for medicals but you don't have to. We had to fill in some forms and do an online declaration, through the application page on line, print off the forms and take to the hostpital with our passports. It was quite straight foreword really. Though in hind sight wish I had done the medicals earlier.

Medical arranged for next week. why wait?

Why wait?

People usually wait to see if they pass the other criteria, before perhaps unnecessarily incurring the expense of a medical.

Personally, I don't care whether you wait or not. My comment is that you do not need to until asked.

Why wait?

People usually wait to see if they pass the other criteria, before perhaps unnecessarily incurring the expense of a medical.

Personally, I don't care whether you wait or not. My comment is that you do not need to until asked.

Haha. No worries mate

Thanks everyone

If we arrange the medicals before lodging the visa, can we just submit the application and use the HAP ID right after the medicals are done? Do we have to wait for results before we lodge the visa? I guess, they will not let us know about the results of the medicals before we officially apply???

If we arrange the medicals before lodging the visa, can we just submit the application and use the HAP ID right after the medicals are done? Do we have to wait for results before we lodge the visa? I guess, they will not let us know about the results of the medicals before we officially apply???

We lodged our visa first, then waited until the case officer requested our medicals, dont think you get a HAP Id until the application has been lodged. The hostpital will upload the resailta on to the e-medical system.

I have already filled in the Health Declaration and we got letters with HAP ID for all of us individually. When I booked the appointment to do the medicals, they requested us to e-mail them the letters so they can check in advance if everything is OK with the IDs.

I was wondering if we should lodge the visa right after we are done with the medicals or we should wait to hear something in regards to the medicals first.

I doubt, there will be anything as the visa application is not submitted but will we be given any further information from the place where we do the medicals?

Why are you in a hurry to do your medicals? Why waste money doing them early? If there is a hiccup with the visa process, and it takes a while, you may have to redo them, and they're not cheap! I'd wait till your CO asks. And you won't know your results on the day, as they need to wait for blood test results before you get the all clear!

I will submit all my documents including Police Certificates and medicals when I lodge the Visa Application and we will have an year after that. Why do you think that it will take longer for 189? In my opinino, if I have the assessment , IELTS and diplomas proving all my claims for the points, only the medicals will be the unknown in the equaton :) You never know before you seethe doctor, and this is my main concern for the moment.

Archived