Things to do in and around Clyde North/Cranbourne

LadyCroft

Sooooooo we've ended up renting in Clyde North after a billion and one open houses and rental applictations. The house we REEEAAALLLY wanted was snapped up straight away so we took the one we are in (and if we had taken the other one I am sure THIS house would have been the one I reeeeaaaaaaaalllllyyyy wanted) only for something to happen with the favourite house so we were offered it the day after we had signed up and paid the bond/rent and all that.

Anyway, I took the kids for a wander around (we only have one car and my husband uses it for work) making me realise that everyone drives everywhere here and I got lost n spent the rest of our walk trying to find the way back to our new house.

I did notice some play parks around the Hunt Club Village and Selandra Rise for the kids.

When we are all together at the weekend and we have the car, where are the best places nearby to take the kids (and for us to enjoy too)? I spotted what looked like water flumes/slides at Casey something and Casey Fields had a big family fun day sign outside... What are these places like? Royal Botanic Gardens any good?

Any ideas would be fab thanks. I am feeling a bit low just now as it feels like we have just crashed down from all the initial craziness and organising everything. It all feels a bit too "real" now... Trying to find a routine.

The botanic gardens are great & free, there's a big trail around and we usually spot a wallaby or two, bandicoots and I think there's a wedge tailed eagle nest (there was last year) If its a hot day in the main bit there is a stream (made from paving slabs) that the kids can have a paddle in. Other freebies include lysterfield lake (a bit past fountain gate) good for cycling barbies and the like. Berwicks botanic gardens are also nice for a wander round.

The beaches (mt elizas canadian bay is usually quite and calm) are all within easy reach as is the Dandenongs and the peninsula is nice for a day out.

Casey race is a good swimming pool but if you're staying in the area long term it may be worth signing the kids up for swimming lessons as it costs around $12 per kid a week & each child can go swimming anytime for free with 1 adult in there and casey arc (next to fountain gate - it has a wave pool) its saved me a fortune as we tend to go 2-3 times a week in the really hot weather.

So in closing there's heaps to do so have fun.

Given you are already all the way out there - you should get down to Philip Island. Probably only 30mins from C'bourne. Some of the best beaches in the country down there, you can also watch some really good surfing if the surf's good.

The best bakery is the one on the left in San Remo just before you go over the bridge onto the Island itself. Biggest caramel slice I've ever had there :-)

Brilliant thanks.

We are totally brand new to this area - ended up here due to my husband's work. We've only ever really lived close to the CBD.

I completely forgot about Phillip Island. It is really close now! What about Tooradin - is that more residential rather than a "things to do" kind of place? We will def head out to the Peninsula.

Thanks for the info on the swimming lessons - that is ideal. They all love the water and we were going to look for lessons so that is more info that I need - great.

Hi LadyCroft

Welcome to Clyde North as it's currently known (the name of the suburb will probably be changing to Casey Fields soon).

We live on the Selandra Rise estate so probably quite close to you.

There are a lot of places to visit around here. When we first arrived we would point the car in a different direction each weekend and explore. We love going to Phillip Island and the nearby beaches. It's also nice to go for a drive in the Dandenongs. There are some nice places there including one picnic groud where you can feed wild parrots. Don't forget Mornington Peninsular and Sorrento. If you want more info send us a message and we'll catch up sometimes.

Sue

Hi LadyCroft

Welcome to Clyde North as it's currently known (the name of the suburb will probably be changing to Casey Fields soon).

We live on the Selandra Rise estate so probably quite close to you.

There are a lot of places to visit around here. When we first arrived we would point the car in a different direction each weekend and explore. We love going to Phillip Island and the nearby beaches. It's also nice to go for a drive in the Dandenongs. There are some nice places there including one picnic groud where you can feed wild parrots. Don't forget Mornington Peninsular and Sorrento. If you want more info send us a message and we'll catch up sometimes.

Sue

Hey Sue

Thanks for the reply. Changing to Casey Fields? Really? Some people are still telling me we actually live in Cranbourne East... When we signed out rental agreement it was Clyde North so I wouldn't be surprised if it changed again :)

We always wanted to go to Sorrento in Italy so maybe we will have a look at Sorrento, Vic instead since we are so near. Phillip Island sounds like the most popular place to go.

We had a look at some houses in Selandra Rise. It is so lovely! Some of the houses are massive!

Hi LadyCroft

Some of the houses on the estate are in Cranbourne East and some are in Clyde North. Some of them are apparently half in one suburb and half in the other!!!

The new suburb will include Cascades, Selandra and Hunt Club. It will probably happen some time next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived