new application for approval as a business sponsor

garethevans

Hi Guys,

I think I should apologise for asking a fair few questions, but I dont think this will be my last. Does anyone know how long it lakes for a company to recieve approval as a business sponsor who has been in the past? The only reason I ask is because the company I hope to work for needs to do this before logging my 457

Hi Gareth,

An SBS approval can take anywhere between around 2-8 weeks to process dependent on a number of factors. There's been lots of recent changes, a backlog of applications, new case officers, differing interpretations of the regulations....It's hard to predict right now.

But it's not a requirement to have the SBS and nomination approved before making your visa application. As long as the SBS and nomination have both been lodged, the company can supply you with the TRNs and you can lodge your visa application too.

It depends on the application itself, how well it is prepared and which office is processing.

A well prepared decision ready application in Sydney is currently taking between 4 to 6 weeks.

Note that the 457 nomination and visa applications can belodged at the same time as the sponsorship application. You do not need to waitfor the sponsorship to be approved.

Archived